ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SEPTEMBER-08 TIER-1 APPLICANTS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

deepinder7090

SEPTEMBER-08 TIER-1 APPLICANTS

Post by deepinder7090 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:17 am

Dear Applicants,
This is the thread only for the people who are going to apply in the month of Sep 08.
I will be applying in the 2nd week of this month.

I welcome to all the applicants who are going to apply in the month of Sep 08 to post their queries related to Tier-1 visa .

We should also discuss about the timelines of the applicants who will be applying in this month.

regards,
Deepinder

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:28 am

The sequence of my documents to put in an application file.

1. VAF9 + Appendix 1
2. Online Points Calculator (PDF print)
3. CV
4. Cover Letters (also Cover Letter for each category separately attached)

5. Age Points ---- 20
a. Passport

6. Qualifications Points ----- 35
a. Original Degree Certificate
b. Original Academic Marks Sheet

7. Previous Earnings Points ------ 20
I am showing One sources of earnings

A. Salaried Employment
i. 12 signed salary slips
ii. 15 months bank stmt
iii. OandA conversion page

9. English Language Requirement
a. IELTS test report waiting for the result will be declared on 12
b. Degree certificate and marks sheet
c. Online points calculator

10. Maintenance Funds
I am showing from one accounts to meet 2800GBP+1600+1600 requirement for last 90 days. Separate documents provided for EACH bank account.

a. Original Bank stmt from each bank of last 90 days
b. Letter from each bank stating that I have been maintaining the account from a specified period.
C. OandA conversion page

12. Photocopies of All the original documents

Kindly let me know if I have put the documents in right sequence and if there is any document missing.

Thanks & Regards,

vimukt
Newly Registered

applying in Sept

Post by vimukt » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:34 am

hi,

I am also planning to apply from India latest by8th Sept....will post my details soon..

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:54 am

welcome vimul,
just to make this thread easier n live we will be discussing each n every details of our case which can cause problem in the application .

I have decided my dead line for application on WEDNESDAY -- 17--08
Thru chandigarh Vfs.

regards,
deepinder

amittal5
Newly Registered

Post by amittal5 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:45 pm

Hi,

I'll also apply around 20th Sept'08. I have one question @Deepinder

What does the Oanda conversion page should contain? e.g.

If my salary amounts to Rs. 7 lacs, so should I convert 7 lacs to equiv. GBP or convert 1 INR to GBP on Oanda, attach that page and them manually multiply the amount?

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,
A.

FLO

Post by FLO » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:18 pm

b. Letter from each bank stating that I have been maintaining the account from a specified period.
C. OandA conversion page
Mate,
b) Are those accounts in your name solely or in individual applicant/dependant's name?
c) The Oanda conversion page is not needed bcs it is not written anywhere in the Tier 1 guidance that it should be included. It is only for converting ur past earning and maintenance fund. I feel the less clumpsy an application is thebetter.

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:14 am

Dear Amittal,

first of all the conversion of your salary is on the basis of the gross what you are getting than as per the conversion rate applicable on that particular day in the oanda site multiply it by the rate which you get by knowing the conversion of 1 INR = GBP and multiply your salary ( gross) with it and finally with the band associated eg for india it is 5.3

regards.

sabbu
Newly Registered

Post by sabbu » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:44 pm

Hi all,

I planning to apply for initial tier 1 from bangalore.I have a passport with validy of 6 months. As per the document

"Travel document or passport (passports and travel documents should be valid for at least 6 months after the intended date of departure from the UK"

Does this mean

if I am applying this month and intened to leave after 2 months(if I get visa) and planning to stay in UK for 6 months ,then I should have passport validity of 14 (2+6+6) months.

Please correct if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks in advance.

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:18 am

DearSabu,
The application forms clearly states that your passport should be valid 6 months before the departure from uk.
so if you get visa for three years from today then your passport shold be valid till 3rd of april 2011.
if still there is a confusion call me on 9878828009

regards,
deepinder

sppc42
Newly Registered

Documents list + Earnings question

Post by sppc42 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:49 am

Hi,

Am also planning to apply in Sept08. I just made a call to VFS and got a list of the items that I need to submit (sharing it out):

-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Passport
2. 2 recent colored photos (45x35). White background. Dark clothes. glossy finish.
3. Application forms for VAF9 and Appendix 1
4. Rs51,000/- demand draft in the favor of British Deputy High Commission, payable at chennai
5. Covering letter
6. Contract of application of a job in UK (if applicable)
7. Acommodation letter. This includes a NOC from a friend/relative living in UK and their accomodation proof (lease document or gas/electricity etc bills.). Alternatively, I have also learnt that a hotel booking from booking.com can also be used.
8. 15 months bank statement (last 3 months showing atleast 2800pounds) - letter from bank manager in case you take online printouts of statement, citing the authenticity of the printouts. This letter should contain your name, acc num, certification that the pritinouts are original etc. Note that, these statements should be atmost 7 days prior to applying.
9. Integra form
10. IT returns: Form16 for the last 3 years
11. Payslips 12 months
12. Educational certificates 10th onwards
13. Previous work experience certificate
14. Language Proof

Following Photocopies are required:
1. VAF9 + appendix 1
2. additional integra form
3. HSMP points performa
4. Payslips
5. All pages of passport including blank pages
6. Educational certificates
7. Contract of employment (if applicable)

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have couple of queries about showing the earnings:
1. I have a gross income of ~12Lac rupees. But around ~2lacs is a bonus that is given at the end of the year. So, in my payslips, I get only ~10lacs. So, which amount should I mention in the earnings?
2. Doing the conversion on the points calculator, talking 1INR = 0.01262GBP. So, what will be my equivalent salary in GBP? I understand that doing simple maths, it is 12620 pounds (for 10lac). Is that correct? Because the points calculator site is showing me the same but is also shoing 66886.00 as the salary equivalent. What is the meaning of that?

Appreciate any inputs there.
Thanks

vimukt
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by vimukt » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:12 pm

hi,

I am also planning for same date from VFS Pune, its good if we can share information like covering letter u r using as well as accomodation arrangements made....u can mail me on vimukt@gmail.com

The answers to ur queries are :

1) YOU MAY MENTION 12LACS with a proof from your employer stating about the bonus u got :)

2. the points calculator site shows conversion in GBP on basis of country group u belong to : Actually they have divided countries to difft bands and INDIA belongs to band D so ur earnings are multiplied by 5.3 to find ur GBP equivalent.

Any one in the group can explain me about the integra process and form I need to use for the same ?

Lets make it possible,
Vimukt

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:37 pm

Not discouraging anyone, but I want you guys to assess current UK market and then apply for Tier1.

Is current job market good?
How is economy doing in UK?
Is your skill set rare in UK?

Please do not go by jobs posted on popular job sites. Talk to friends if you have any in UK.

sppc42
Newly Registered

Post by sppc42 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:09 am

Thanks vimukt!

One more query, regarding the previous earnings, am aware that we need to show the Form16's. But at present, I have only the last 2 years Form16's with me. Will that suffice or does one need to submit last 3 years?

T1_Mainframe: Regarding your query, the market in UK was pretty good, atleast like 4-6 months back when a couple of my friends shifted there under HSMP. Am not too sure about all the sectors, but in IT/software/hardware, it was good.

cheers!

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:36 am

Dear SPPC,

It is not mandatory to submitt form 16 TAX DOCUMENT .
You can submitt 12 months salary slip duly sealed n signed
12 months bank statements showing your net salary crditet again sealed n sign

as per the guidelines you can see that the embassy has also warn against the submission the form 16 reason been the tax document does not always cover the whole period so it makes EC officer difficult to cosider

regards,
deepinder

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:25 am

Friends,
Please make sure you provide TWO sources of proof of previous earnings. Payslips and Company letter are both from ONE source. Payslips and Bank statements is ok. Company letter and bank statements is also ok.

Can someone tell me if showing from 16-September-2007 to 15-September-2008 is a valid 12 month period? I remember reading somewhere that it should be a full month (i.e. start of a month to end of a month). Please let me know if you have read about this too and the url for the same. Depending on the answer I can either apply now or wait for the end of this month.
Best regards,
Mani

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:00 am

Dear Mjmani,

mine is also the same case i am also submitting the salary slips from
17 sep 07 till 31 aug 08
but where it is written we have to show full month salary slip
i joined this company on 17 sep07 so i willbe shoing salary recieved for the 14 working days only

regards,
deepinder

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:04 am

Pls ignore that question. I just verified on Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance page 15 (para #79). Their example itself shows 14 January - 13 February as a calendar month for prvvious earnings.
Best regards,
Mani

Korey
Newly Registered

15 Month Period

Post by Korey » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:42 am

Hi I have a question about the 15 month period preceeding the application for salary.

I am planning to submit my application by next week (Say 10th September). My question is can i show my salary for the period July2007 till June 2008 and show the maintenence funds from Jun1st 2008 till Sept 6th 2008?

Please let me know if this would be ok, Thanks

Korey

Sukhpreet Singh
Newly Registered

september 08 applicant

Post by Sukhpreet Singh » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:01 pm

I am also planning to send my docs in september.
I read in the guidelines that the bank statement being submited for maintenance funds should have date within 7 days of your application.

In my case I was in the UK from feb to august, and want to show my UK account for maintenance funds. To show my august bank statement I have to wait till 10th september, because it takes time to come to india from the UK, and citi bank is not agreeing to send it earlier.

Can anyone help in this? What should I do ?

morgoth
Newly Registered

Applying next week but a problem

Post by morgoth » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:00 pm

I have received an invitation letter for accomodation from my friend, however his tenancy agreement is in his and his partner's name.

Will this be a problem ....or will i also need a letter from his partner

deepakbgl
Newly Registered

Re: Documents list + Earnings question

Post by deepakbgl » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:28 am

sppc42 wrote:Hi,

Am also planning to apply in Sept08. I just made a call to VFS and got a list of the items that I need to submit (sharing it out):

8. 15 months bank statement (last 3 months showing atleast 2800pounds) - letter from bank manager in case you take online printouts of statement, citing the authenticity of the printouts. This letter should contain your name, acc num, certification that the pritinouts are original etc. Note that, these statements should be atmost 7 days prior to applying.

Thanks
I am wondering why we have to submit 15 month bank statements. Isnt it enough if we submit only 12 month bank statements (out of which the last 3 show maintenance funds)

rely

Re: Documents list + Earnings question

Post by rely » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:18 am

Becoz VFS asks for 15 months.
rely
deepakbgl wrote:
sppc42 wrote:Hi,

Thanks
I am wondering why we have to submit 15 month bank statements. Isnt it enough if we submit only 12 month bank statements (out of which the last 3 show maintenance funds)

vijaypalrana

Maintenance Query

Post by vijaypalrana » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:24 am

Dear Friends,

I am also planning to apply for tier1 in September 2008 (3rd or 4th week). Currently I have a doubt that I would like to discuss.

I am married with one kid. Right now I want to apply for myself as I am able to show maintenance funds of 2800 GBP in my bank account. I am planning to apply for my wife and son after 3-4 months as I think that will be a good time for me to get a good job over there and settle down.

My doubt is that do I have to show 1600+1600 for my wife and son now at the time of my processing or I can right now go ahead with 2800 for myself.

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:32 am

Dear Sukpreet ,

I have gone thru your case . Uk bank statements takes time to recieve in india usually it takes 15 working days and you have only 7 days of back dation .

So in my point of view you should draft a saperate covering letter and explain the whole case to the EC officer
2nd option with you is to wait for some time and maintain your funds in saperate account

if still you have confusion you can call me on 9878828009

regards,'
deepinder

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:38 am

Dear Morgot,

If the agreement is in your friend name also then you do not have to required any other agreement.
There are other documents apart from the agreement
Such as
1) passport copy
2) electricity bill
3) and other bills pretaining to the agreement.

regards,
deepinder