My second tier-1 extension was approved this Saturday without any hassle. Below are my details.
Intital Visa - 12-Jul-2010 to 12-Jul-2012
First extension - 12-Jul-2012 to 12-Jul-2015
Second extension - 17-sep-2014 to 17-sep-2017 ( Awaiting BRP)
I entered UK more than 90 days late hence I needed second extension.
Category : Ltd company director withdrawing salary+Dividends(Although I claimed only dividends for my earnings)
Appointment was at 10AM
9.25 - Arrived at Croydon office and went through Airport security check
9.45 - Payment confirmation page verified and provided with token number
9.55 - Went through Bio-metric finger prints and photo,submitted the supporting documents
10.05 - Case under consideration
10.45 - Documents ready for collection
11.00 - Out of Lunar house and off to a pub
That was the fastest visa extension process I ever had in my entire life. Hassle free. I didn't get to see case worker. I guess booking on Saturday also helped as the crowd was very less.
- Application form
- two photographs
- Passport & BRP
- Personal bank statements for last 12 months
- Business bank statements for last 12 months
- Business invoices for last 12 months
- Dividend vouchers ( only 4 of them as I withdraw quarterly dividends)
- Client contract
- Account letter confirming dividends
- P & L account and balance sheet from accountant
- Company registration certificate***
- VAT Certificate***
- SATR Form (2013-2014)***
- CT 600 form(2013-2014)***
***These documents were optional I think but I submitted anyway to avoid the hassle of IO asking me questions when I enter UK at airport in future about my tax affairs.
Few exception about my application
- Applied almost an year before the visa expiry date
- submitted only 4 dividend vouchers scattered around various dates which covered my visa extension
voucher dates :
Happy to answer any questions as I have made use of this forum for both of my extensions.