ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Extension - Out of the country

Only for UK Tier 1 (General) points system

Tier 1 (General) points calculator | more about Tier 1 (General)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
SwamiPrakash
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:26 pm
Location: Chennai

Tier 1 (General) Extension - Out of the country

Post by SwamiPrakash » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:20 am

Dear Friends,

I will be grateful if you could provide me your valuable advice on my case below:

Current vignette: Tier 1 (General)
Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 18-Nov-2012

I have moved to India in October 2011 due to a emergency family situation . I have been employed in a company in India since December 2011. Having settled the family situation, I will be entering the UK in August 2012. I am planning to apply for an extension during October 2012.

My queries are:

1) Will there be any problems in extension due to my absence in the UK for more than 9 months? Do I need to explain the reason for my absence in my application?
2) Can I submit my India bank account statements to prove my past earnings and funds maintenance?

Has someone been in a similar case before and could provide their advice?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member
Posts: 1234
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:47 pm
Location: Wembley Park

Re: Tier 1 (General) Extension - Out of the country

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:47 am

SwamiPrakash wrote:Dear Friends,

I will be grateful if you could provide me your valuable advice on my case below:

Current vignette: Tier 1 (General)
Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 18-Nov-2012

I have moved to India in October 2011 due to a emergency family situation . I have been employed in a company in India since December 2011. Having settled the family situation, I will be entering the UK in August 2012. I am planning to apply for an extension during October 2012.

My queries are:

1) Will there be any problems in extension due to my absence in the UK for more than 9 months? Do I need to explain the reason for my absence in my application?


they may ask reasons on arrival

be ready for that

2) Can I submit my India bank account statements to prove my past earnings and funds maintenance?

yes , no employment income , only self employed income

Has someone been in a similar case before and could provide their advice?

SwamiPrakash
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:26 pm
Location: Chennai

Post by SwamiPrakash » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks for your quick reply.

Regarding this,

2) Can I submit my India bank account statements to prove my past earnings and funds maintenance?
yes , no employment income , only self employed income


Does this mean that I cannot show my overseas employment income for my earnings? Could you please pass on the references from UKBA for this as this is the only proof for my earnings.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member
Posts: 1234
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:47 pm
Location: Wembley Park

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:14 pm

SwamiPrakash wrote:Thanks for your quick reply.

Regarding this,

2) Can I submit my India bank account statements to prove my past earnings and funds maintenance?
yes , no employment income , only self employed income


Does this mean that I cannot show my overseas employment income for my earnings? Could you please pass on the references from UKBA for this as this is the only proof for my earnings.
NO overseas employment income

only self employment because its income is related to British business

otherwise all will work abroad and make a claim for Brithish PP , HA HA HA

Greenie
Respected Guru
Posts: 7352
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:23 pm

I disagree. you can rely on overseas income from employment but you can't apply an uplift factor.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member
Posts: 1234
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:47 pm
Location: Wembley Park

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Greenie wrote:I disagree. you can rely on overseas income from employment but you can't apply an uplift factor.
THere is no PAYE no tax for govt

it will be a classic case if u have any refernce , refusal i have seen for people working in Sigapore with £12000/ pm in IT work got refusal

Greenie
Respected Guru
Posts: 7352
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:36 pm

there is no requirement that a tier 1 general migrant is working in the UK in order to score the necessary points for an extension, it doesn't mean he or she will qualify for ILR however if by working outside the UK s/he is absent from the UK for significant periods.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member
Posts: 1234
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:47 pm
Location: Wembley Park

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Greenie wrote:there is no requirement that a tier 1 general migrant is working in the UK in order to score the necessary points for an extension, it doesn't mean he or she will qualify for ILR however if by working outside the UK s/he is absent from the UK for significant periods.


i am done

geriatrix
Moderator
Posts: 24754
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: does it matter?

Re: Tier 1 (General) Extension - Out of the country

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:34 am

SwamiPrakash wrote:1) Will there be any problems in extension due to my absence in the UK for more than 9 months? Do I need to explain the reason for my absence in my application?
No. No.
SwamiPrakash wrote:2) Can I submit my India bank account statements to prove my past earnings and funds maintenance?
Yes (assuming you score enough points that you need for "previous earnings" without applying any uplift ratio to this overseas income).

See Tier1 Extension : Previous Earnings
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Locked
cron