ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

time lines of maintenance funds

Only for UK Tier 1 (General) points system

Tier 1 (General) points calculator | more about Tier 1 (General)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
Hobbitt
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:50 pm
Location: UK

time lines of maintenance funds

Post by Hobbitt » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:44 pm

HI,

I applied from within UK and have a HSMP approval letter dated 29th April 2008.

I transferred GBP 5000 into my UK account on 25th July.

Now can I apply for transitional arrangements under Tier 1 general on 26th Oct

Do these dates seem ok? I mean would it do for both the validity period of the letter and the 3 months requirement of funds?

Would I also need to show that how did I manage to gather these funds? I mean do I need to provide some evidence for this too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

arunkumarprs
Junior Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:17 am

Re: time lines of maintenance funds

Post by arunkumarprs » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:18 pm

Where are you applying from...rule vary a lot between country you apply from...
Hobbitt wrote:HI,

I applied from within UK and have a HSMP approval letter dated 29th April 2008.

I transferred GBP 5000 into my UK account on 25th July.

Now can I apply for transitional arrangements under Tier 1 general on 26th Oct

Do these dates seem ok? I mean would it do for both the validity period of the letter and the 3 months requirement of funds?

Would I also need to show that how did I manage to gather these funds? I mean do I need to provide some evidence for this too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*
Status : Approved, waiting for passport

geriatrix
Moderator
Posts: 24754
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: does it matter?

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:23 am

Since you started maintaining funds only on 25-July the 3 months get over on 25-Oct. But your HSMP approval expires on 29-Oct, so you have just 3-4 days to sort things out!

Reading para 197 of the Tier 1 policy guidance will help.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

majic
Member
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:43 am

Post by majic » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:06 am

I have a similar Question:

I got my HSMP EC in May,08 for which I had Fund in my account since about two year. Then the day before moving to UK I converted all my currency to UK pound. When I arrived in the UK it took me 4 days to open a bank account and then I transferred all the move into that account.

Now I want to Apply for my wife and son as dependents. The Maintenance rules state that I should have enough funds for them with me for 3 months but my UK account is only about 1 month and 15 days old.

Can I now prove Maintenance Amount in the following way:

a: Show my Home country account statement till the Day I got Money Converted to GBP

b) Money Conversion Slip from money changer


c) Remaining 1.5 months from my UK account.


Waiting for your kind response.

geriatrix
Moderator
Posts: 24754
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: does it matter?

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:21 am

majic wrote:I have a similar Question:

I got my HSMP EC in May,08 for which I had Fund in my account since about two year. Then the day before moving to UK I converted all my currency to UK pound. When I arrived in the UK it took me 4 days to open a bank account and then I transferred all the move into that account.

Now I want to Apply for my wife and son as dependents. The Maintenance rules state that I should have enough funds for them with me for 3 months but my UK account is only about 1 month and 15 days old.

Can I now prove Maintenance Amount in the following way:

a: Show my Home country account statement till the Day I got Money Converted to GBP

b) Money Conversion Slip from money changer


c) Remaining 1.5 months from my UK account.


Waiting for your kind response.
An applicant cannot show that he has held the amount in account A for 2 months and account B for 1 month, thereby meeting the 3 months condition. If one doesn't have the required funds in a single account, one can use multiple accounts to show access to the required amount of maintenance funds but irrespective of the number of accounts being used, the applicant must show that the funds have been maintained for at least 3 months in each of the acounts being used.

Also, you cannot use same funds to claim points for Maintenance Funds while applying for dependents. Reading this will help you understand.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Hobbitt
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:50 pm
Location: UK

thanx

Post by Hobbitt » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:44 pm

Thanks sushdmehta, that was great help indeed.

Deeply appreciated.

majic
Member
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:43 am

Post by majic » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:06 pm

Thanks for a detailed response Sir,

My situation is that:

a. I have been in UK for 2 months.

b. I have 2 Dependents (Wife & Child) who are still in my home country

According to the Guidence Notes which can be accessed on

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

It states & I quote:

For example, main applicant has been in the UK
for 6 months, who is making an application at the
same time as his spouse and two children must show
that he has £1600 for his spouse and £1600 for
each child, in addition to £800 required for his own
support. In total the family will require evidence that
they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800
+ £800).



According to this I example I should have:

For Dependents: £1600 * 2 = £3200
For Self: £800*2= £800
Total Requirement = £ 4000

Am I correct?

Regards
Last edited by majic on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

arunkumarprs
Junior Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:17 am

Post by arunkumarprs » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:25 am

majic wrote:Thanks for a detailed response Sir,

My situation is that:

a. I have been in UK for 2 months.

b. I have 2 Dependents (Wife & Child).

According to the Guidence Notes which can be accessed on

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

It states & I quote:

For example, main applicant has been in the UK
for 6 months, who is making an application at the
same time as his spouse and two children must show
that he has £1600 for his spouse and £1600 for
each child, in addition to £800 required for his own
support. In total the family will require evidence that
they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800
+ £800).



According to this I example I should have:

For Dependents: £1600 * 2 = £3200
For Self: £800*2= £800
Total Requirement = £ 4000

Am I correct?

Regards

Faisal.

Your absolutely right....
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*
Status : Approved, waiting for passport

majic
Member
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:43 am

Post by majic » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:24 am

Thank you arunkumarprs.

sushdmehta can you comment on my observation. I would be very thankful.

Regards

geriatrix
Moderator
Posts: 24754
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: does it matter?

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:57 pm

Arunkumarprs has already given you the answer!

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

majic
Member
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:43 am

Post by majic » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:12 pm

Thanks to both of you.

Regards

Faisal

vividprose
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:56 pm

Dependant applying after one month - how much fund?

Post by vividprose » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:57 pm

Hi

I would be shortly applying for Tier 1 from India. I would be showing 2800 GBP in my savings account for 3 consecutive months.

My wife plans to apply exactly after 1 month of the success of my application (which may be around 2 months after my application) - requirement for her is 800 GBP as per the rules.

My question is:

Can I show same 2800 GBP (or equivalent Indian rupees) existing in my account which was used for my application when my wife applies? Or do I need cumulative figure (2800 + 800 for entire 5 months period)?

Pls guide me. Reference to BIA site that helps on this will also be greatly helpful, as I myself can't find any rules that throws any light on this.

Thanks,
-vividprose

newapplicant
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:33 pm

Re: time lines of maintenance funds

Post by newapplicant » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:48 pm

arunkumarprs wrote:Where are you applying from...rule vary a lot between country you apply from...
Hobbitt wrote:HI,

I applied from within UK and have a HSMP approval letter dated 29th April 2008.

I transferred GBP 5000 into my UK account on 25th July.

Now can I apply for transitional arrangements under Tier 1 general on 26th Oct

Do these dates seem ok? I mean would it do for both the validity period of the letter and the 3 months requirement of funds?

Would I also need to show that how did I manage to gather these funds? I mean do I need to provide some evidence for this too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Arun,

As a maintainance proof, am showin statements from 15- may to 15-Aug and am applying my tier1 on 26th Aug with in UK.

Hope it's fine as policy guidance says, as we are with in UK statements shud not me more than 1 month old...please confirm

vividprose
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Dependant applying after one month - how much fund?

Post by vividprose » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:01 pm

vividprose wrote:Hi

I would be shortly applying for Tier 1 from India. I would be showing 2800 GBP in my savings account for 3 consecutive months.

My wife plans to apply exactly after 1 month of the success of my application (which may be around 2 months after my application) - requirement for her is 800 GBP as per the rules.

My question is:

Can I show same 2800 GBP (or equivalent Indian rupees) existing in my account which was used for my application when my wife applies? Or do I need cumulative figure (2800 + 800 for entire 5 months period)?

Pls guide me. Reference to BIA site that helps on this will also be greatly helpful, as I myself can't find any rules that throws any light on this.

Thanks,
-vividprose
Can anybody reply to my above query? Will be very thankful for any light.

Thanks,
-vividprose

geriatrix
Moderator
Posts: 24754
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: does it matter?

Re: Dependant applying after one month - how much fund?

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:46 pm

vividprose wrote:My wife plans to apply exactly after 1 month of the success of my application (which may be around 2 months after my application) - requirement for her is 800 GBP as per the rules.
Where did you get this figure of 800 pounds for dependents from?? It is 1600 pounds for each dependent - over and above 2800 pounds for self.
vividprose wrote:Can I show same 2800 GBP (or equivalent Indian rupees) existing in my account which was used for my application when my wife applies? Or do I need cumulative figure (2800 + 800 for entire 5 months period)?
See clarity needed on "Cannot use same funds for dependants".

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Locked
cron