ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist visa for dependent child

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

digvijayG
Newly Registered

Tourist visa for dependent child

Post by digvijayG » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:53 pm

I am on a HSMP visa valid for over an year - but I am on a low-pay job at the moment . My wife who has dependent visa delivered baby in India would like to come to UK for 2 months with baby and go back. Most probably I too will go back after my visa.

Now I am planning to bring my child on a Tourist visa instead of dependent visa as it is costing less.

Will there be any problems applying Tourist visa instead of dependent visa?

[iD]

Re: Tourist visa for dependent child

Post by [iD] » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:03 pm

digvijayG wrote:I am on a HSMP visa valid for over an year - but I am on a low-pay job at the moment . My wife who has dependent visa delivered baby in India would like to come to UK for 2 months with baby and go back. Most probably I too will go back after my visa.

Now I am planning to bring my child on a Tourist visa instead of dependent visa as it is costing less.

Will there be any problems applying Tourist visa instead of dependent visa?
Shouldn't be any problem but just to let you know that you don't have to show your payslips or anything like that, just 3 months of maintenance funds and you're good.
Goodluck.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:08 am

The only problem with applying for a tourist visa instead of dependent visa is that as both you and your wife have longer term visas they might think there is a possibility that they will overstay and therefore refuse the visa.

Make sure you provide evidence if you can to show why your wife and child will only stay in the UK for a short time.