ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two payslips ??? are those valid proof ?

Only for UK Tier 1 (General) points system

Tier 1 (General) points calculator | more about Tier 1 (General)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
rupeshmg
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:21 am
India

Two payslips ??? are those valid proof ?

Post by rupeshmg » Sat May 22, 2010 6:09 am

Hi All,

I am planning to apply in two weeks, however I have a particular question regarding salary slips as proof for claiming points for previous earnings.

My company gives me a part of my salary as a Flexible Benefit Plan (FBP), which are non-taxable and for which I need to submit bills to claim it. However I receive a separate payslip for same. I have a bank statement showing same amount credited to my account, However this payslip is generated only for months when I raise bills.

Is anyone here had same situation & have claimed points for such payslips ?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member
Posts: 3158
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:52 pm
Location: Sussex

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon May 24, 2010 12:26 pm

As long as you have 2different sources of evidences for your earnings and if those earnings are part of your salary package you are good to go..

rupeshmg
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:21 am
India

Post by rupeshmg » Mon May 24, 2010 5:29 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:As long as you have 2different sources of evidences for your earnings and if those earnings are part of your salary package you are good to go..
Thanks tvn_ramesh....

arunkumarprs
Junior Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:17 am

Re: Two payslips ??? are those valid proof ?

Post by arunkumarprs » Mon May 24, 2010 9:41 pm

rupeshmg wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to apply in two weeks, however I have a particular question regarding salary slips as proof for claiming points for previous earnings.

My company gives me a part of my salary as a Flexible Benefit Plan (FBP), which are non-taxable and for which I need to submit bills to claim it. However I receive a separate payslip for same. I have a bank statement showing same amount credited to my account, However this payslip is generated only for months when I raise bills.

Is anyone here had same situation & have claimed points for such payslips ?

Your help will be highly appreciated.
I reckon you cant claim allowances which are paid against bills as salary. Can you check this detail....
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*
Status : Approved, waiting for passport

aliq09
Member of Standing
Posts: 370
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: London
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Two payslips ??? are those valid proof ?

Post by aliq09 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:09 pm

rupeshmg wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to apply in two weeks, however I have a particular question regarding salary slips as proof for claiming points for previous earnings.

My company gives me a part of my salary as a Flexible Benefit Plan (FBP), which are non-taxable and for which I need to submit bills to claim it. However I receive a separate payslip for same. I have a bank statement showing same amount credited to my account, However this payslip is generated only for months when I raise bills.

Is anyone here had same situation & have claimed points for such payslips ?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Hi ,

To make it simple .. your FBP will not work see the guide line for previous earning ....
Thanks

Ali

rupeshmg
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:21 am
India

Re: Two payslips ??? are those valid proof ?

Post by rupeshmg » Tue May 25, 2010 5:14 pm

aliq09 wrote:
rupeshmg wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to apply in two weeks, however I have a particular question regarding salary slips as proof for claiming points for previous earnings.

My company gives me a part of my salary as a Flexible Benefit Plan (FBP), which are non-taxable and for which I need to submit bills to claim it. However I receive a separate payslip for same. I have a bank statement showing same amount credited to my account, However this payslip is generated only for months when I raise bills.

Is anyone here had same situation & have claimed points for such payslips ?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Hi ,

To make it simple .. your FBP will not work see the guide line for previous earning ....
Just forgot to mention that this FBP is a part of my salary structure ? Still I cant claim points for same ?

geriatrix
Moderator
Posts: 24754
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: does it matter?

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Flexible benefits are part of the salary package, but can you claim points for it? As suggested, read the Tier 1 (General) policy guidance *carefully*.

Not sure if many companies follow this practice of issuing two payslips in a month. But this has the potential to confuse the caseworker (same employer, two payslips in given month?).


regards

rupeshmg
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:21 am
India

Post by rupeshmg » Thu May 27, 2010 7:05 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Flexible benefits are part of the salary package, but can you claim points for it? As suggested, read the Tier 1 (General) policy guidance *carefully*.

Not sure if many companies follow this practice of issuing two payslips in a month. But this has the potential to confuse the caseworker (same employer, two payslips in given month?).


regards
sushdmehta,
Thanks for the reply,

FBP payslips have heading as "Reimbursement Payslip for month of XXXX"
& regular payslip have heading as "Payslip for month of XXXX" ??

Will it work ? or add to the confusion of case worker ?

geriatrix
Moderator
Posts: 24754
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: does it matter?

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 27, 2010 7:17 pm

First ascertain whether you can claim points for such reimbursements or not. Whether it will work or not comes later.


regards

rupeshmg
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:21 am
India

Post by rupeshmg » Thu May 27, 2010 7:29 pm

According to Tier-I General guidance -


123. Earnings may include, among other things: -
• allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that form part of an applicant’s remuneration package;


I am hoping that since this FBP is a part of my remuneration package, I can claim points for same.

sushdmehta & seniors plz comment....

geriatrix
Moderator
Posts: 24754
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: does it matter?

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 28, 2010 2:25 am

Don't stop at 123. Carry on and read 124 too.

It would have worked if FBP payments were included in the regular payslips. But won't work with evidence clearly showing "reimbursement" as reimbursements cannot be included as income (from Tier 1 perspective).

regards

Locked
cron