ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uplift Ratio whilst on a One Month Business Trip to the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wannabeinuk
Newly Registered

Uplift Ratio whilst on a One Month Business Trip to the UK

Post by wannabeinuk » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:17 am

Hello everyone.

I made my application for Entry Clearance as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant about two months ago and unfortunately had to deal with a refusal. As a novice, I made quite a few inadvertent mistakes around Maintenance Funds and Previous Earnings.

I claimed earnings in the UK and India (I was seconded to the UK) b/w Apr '09 and Aug '10 (5 months), and earnings only in India b/w Sep '09 and Mar '10 (7 months) which was after I had returned to the counrty. As one would have expected, the uplift ratio was not applied for the period spent in the UK and I failed to make the cut. If only I'd have spent more time on this forum back then...

In any case, I moved on and made my second application late last week. This time I decided to go with a consultant who suggested I don't complicate things and merely show earnings for 9 months (Sep '09 to May '10) in India making it a straightforward case.

I didn't realize till after I'd made the application though that I had in fact been on a Business Visa for a month in Sep/Oct '09 for Business and Technical discussions. Yes, this was pretty naive of me and was also something that the consultant didn't pick up. Unlike some of the earlier months in my previous application though when I was seconded/transfered to the UK on a Work Permit that led to the rejection, this was only a Business Trip on a Business Visa so I'm technically not employed in the UK. Yes, I was paid a meagre allowance but one that is only for sustenance and didn't come with a payslip. One should also note that this was not flagged in my previous application by the ECO for some inexplicable reason (I'm unsure if this was intentional or an oversight).

Do you think I am likely to face yet another rejection for the uplift ratio not being applied to this one month trip on a Business Visa? What's really annoying is that even if this one month turns out to be a problem, the 3 months earning that I did not claim would have more than just compensated for this!

If I get unlucky yet again, do you think I can state through the Admin review that I didn't think the one month Business Trip would be a problem since it wasn't flagged in my previous application which is why I decided to make a straightforward case with only Indian earnings over a 9 month period?

Any views/suggestions/insights?
Last edited by wannabeinuk on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wannabeinuk
Newly Registered

Post by wannabeinuk » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:47 am

Hello Again!

Has anyone been through a similar experience by any chance? Views/suggestions/insights of any kind will help at this stage.

Thanks in anticipation.

layman

Post by layman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:44 pm

When did you send your application and have you got a reference number? If yes, send another letter stating that you want to include the 3 months UK earnings and send 2 evidences for the same. I believ this is your best bet for now if the letter/evidences reach before a decision is taken and are considered by the case worker.

Don't know how the stay with business visa is considered for the uplift ratio though

wannabeinuk
Newly Registered

Post by wannabeinuk » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:04 pm

Hello everyone...

The verdict's out and I did make the cut. I have been granted entry as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant.

Turns out my consultant was right. The straightforward application possibly did make a difference and the one month on a Business Trip did not have an impact on the uplift ratio.

Nonetheless, for all you aspirants out there, it would probably be a good idea to not take chances such as this and avoid use of uplift ratios whilst in the UK regardless of the nature of the trip. Going by other posts I've come across, this does turn out to be an issue on the odd occasion.

This is an extremely useful forum. Thank you to one and all contributing!