ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for tier 1 Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (General) points system

Tier 1 (General) points calculator | more about Tier 1 (General)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
archna7
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:41 pm

When to apply for tier 1 Extension

Post by archna7 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Dear forum members,

You may find the question very basic but very confusing for me:

My Tier 1(General) visa is going to expire on 26 December which is the earliest day I can apply?
(From the forum, I have understood that there is rule for 28 days, means if I apply before 28 days of expiry then they will give me the extension from the date of expiry not the application date)

but I am confused they calculate 28 days from mid night of 25th december or midnight of 26th december?

One more question:
Visa expiry date 26 december 2012
means, only until 25 december 2012 midnight or I can remain in UK on 26th december and leave by 26th midnight?

Thank you all very much
you always are very helpful and helped me a lot even in my first applciation.

Thank you,
Archna

Manka10
Senior Member
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:11 am
Location: 127.0.0.1

Post by Manka10 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Dude, HO gives extension from the day they make a decision and that is the only set rule (no matter after how many days they take a decision, which will most probably be after 28 days you apply going by current timelines), rest all depends on CW's discretion so dont make any assumptions, also what difference does it make if its a day here or there ?

what exactly are you trying to get at ?
Manka

geriatrix
Moderator
Posts: 24754
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: does it matter?

Re: When to apply for tier 1 Extension

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:04 pm

archna7 wrote:Visa expiry date 26 december 2012
Visa / leave is valid until 23:59:59hours of 26-Dec-12.

One may apply for extension any time he wishes, but it is recommended that one applies for extension no earlier than 28 days before the expiry of current leave.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

archna7
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by archna7 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Manka10 wrote:Dude, HO gives extension from the day they make a decision and that is the only set rule (no matter after how many days they take a decision, which will most probably be after 28 days you apply going by current timelines), rest all depends on CW's discretion so dont make any assumptions, also what difference does it make if its a day here or there ?

what exactly are you trying to get at ?
Thank you for your response.
I should have mentioned tat I'm thinking to go for PEO application and therefore, everyday counts as I am not willing to go for another extension before ILR.

To sushdmehta:
Thank you for clarifying this.
So, tat means as my visa is expiring on 26th December 2012, I should apply only on or after 29th of November.....am I calculating correct?

Thank you one more time!
do not know why but why the ppl. doing job at UKBA are not responding lyk you guys and these forum members who are eager to help and help witout anyting in return.

Archna

archna7
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:41 pm

Re: When to apply for tier 1 Extension

Post by archna7 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:08 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
archna7 wrote:Visa expiry date 26 december 2012
Visa / leave is valid until 23:59:59hours of 26-Dec-12.

One may apply for extension any time he wishes, but it is recommended that one applies for extension no earlier than 28 days before the expiry of current leave.
Thank you Sushdmehta for quick response:

I am asking this because to get online appointment is real pain at 12.00 midnight everytime and do not want to book any speculative appointment.

Please allow me to ask one final further question:
If I go *exactly* on 28th day (PEO) before the expiry of current leave, should that be ok? (29th of November)
Or I should get appointment of 1 day after. (30th November)

(Please do remember, I am trying to get extension from current leave to remain expires rather than from the date of application)

geriatrix
Moderator
Posts: 24754
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: does it matter?

Re: When to apply for tier 1 Extension

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:12 pm

archna7 wrote:Please do remember, I am trying to get extension from current leave to remain expires rather than from the date of application
Please do note that this is not in your hands, irrespective of when you apply.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

crowbar6
Member of Standing
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: London

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:13 pm

29 November is fine if I rely on my math skills. You'll be ok.
Regards,
crowbar6

archna7
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:41 pm

Re: When to apply for tier 1 Extension

Post by archna7 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Thank you Crowbar6 for quick response and providing your opinion.
sushdmehta wrote:
archna7 wrote:Please do remember, I am trying to get extension from current leave to remain expires rather than from the date of application
Please do note that this is not in your hands, irrespective of when you apply.
Thank you for quick resopnse.
You've said it right, it's not in our hands.

please provide your opinion:
29th November would be ok? or 30th November?
(fingers crossed!)

Thank you,
Archna

Manka10
Senior Member
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:11 am
Location: 127.0.0.1

Post by Manka10 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:12 am

get a PEO appointment 1 day before your LTR expiry & forget all the math, sit like an owl every midnight, spend thousands paying a solicitor for appointment, who cares right ? its all for getting an appointment, asking if its better to apply on a particular day or the next day is absurd when even the most straight forward PEO applications may take months to clear

if you have to worry about falling short by a day or 2 for the 5 year ILR requirement then worry more about something else that might go wrong big time

even if you apply *exactly* 28 days before your LTR expiry, you may not get the extension from the date of expiry of current LTR so save all the trouble and anxiety
Manka

archna7
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by archna7 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:08 am

Manka10 wrote:get a PEO appointment 1 day before your LTR expiry & forget all the math, sit like an owl every midnight, spend thousands paying a solicitor for appointment, who cares right ? its all for getting an appointment, asking if its better to apply on a particular day or the next day is absurd when even the most straight forward PEO applications may take months to clear

if you have to worry about falling short by a day or 2 for the 5 year ILR requirement then worry more about something else that might go wrong big time

even if you apply *exactly* 28 days before your LTR expiry, you may not get the extension from the date of expiry of current LTR so save all the trouble and anxiety

Thank you for response.
I was asking as I have to pay money to the lawyer and one fixed date willing to apply. I am not rich or 'Senior' and therefore asking 'Basic' questions over here which you may have found absurb or anything but I am not here to hurt anyone's sentiments but to get simple help.

Thank you,
Archna

ChetanOjha
Moderator
Posts: 2771
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:49 am
Location: London

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:47 am

I have seen some instances where candidate have requested CW to grant him visa/extension from the last day of the expiry of the current visa. And CW has done so provided he is explained why you are asking for it. But again that depends on the case worker and shoudn't be taken for granted. Going through solicitors has its own pros-cons. They have fixed slots on particular days in which they can accommodate you and apply for your extension. But that will cost money. If going in-person you may not need the necessary dates but you can request case worker to allow you visa extension from later date onwards.

Its really a tradeoff between dates and money. That is something you need to decide and members in this forum can only advice.

archna7
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by archna7 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:00 pm

chetanojha wrote:I have seen some instances where candidate have requested CW to grant him visa/extension from the last day of the expiry of the current visa. And CW has done so provided he is explained why you are asking for it. But again that depends on the case worker and shoudn't be taken for granted. Going through solicitors has its own pros-cons. They have fixed slots on particular days in which they can accommodate you and apply for your extension. But that will cost money. If going in-person you may not need the necessary dates but you can request case worker to allow you visa extension from later date onwards.

Its really a tradeoff between dates and money. That is something you need to decide and members in this forum can only advice.
Thank you chetanojha for explained and helpful response.
I heartily believe that the members in this forum are very helpful and provide better guidance even compare to soliciters or other official bodies who are getting paid to do this. Thank you, regards,
Archna

Locked
cron