ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continuing as tier1 dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ramgouda17
Newly Registered
India

Continuing as tier1 dependent

Post by ramgouda17 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:20 pm

Hello,

I have been naturalised as British Citizen and my wife is currently on Tier-1 dependent visa which is valid till Dec 2020. She don't have any intention of applying for ILR . Can she keep extending her tier-1 dependent visa after it expires in Dec 2020. I Know rules might change in future but just wanted to understand as per current rules.

Thanks
Ram

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Continuing as tier1 dependent

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Yes as it stands now but the route will likely be closed at some point as most Tier 1 G dependent will have qualified for ILR at some point soon.

Out of interest, why does he not wish to apply for ILR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ramgouda17
Newly Registered
India

Post by ramgouda17 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:51 pm

Thanks for your reply.

The reason is English language. As it is mandatory to have English speaking evidence and to pass the life in UK test it would be very difficult for her to clear the exam as she can't read and speak English. I know we have time on our side so hoping that she can improve on her English but it's going to be tough. That's the reason I was interested in knowing the options to continue her stay in UK.

Are there any other options?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:34 pm

3.2(a)(ix).

Able to apply for ILR without KoLL after at least 15 years’ leave as a PBS dependant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.