ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant extension duration and IHS query - please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vmo
Newly Registered

PBS dependant extension duration and IHS query - please help

Post by vmo » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi guys

Can you help me with few queries regarding my PBS extension ad IHS fees as well , please?

I am currently living in the UK as a PBS dependant of my wife.

My visas till date:
• Tier 1 General Visa – Issue date: 01-OCT-2013 and Expiry date :04-SEP-2014
• Current PBS Dependant Visa – Issue date: 23-SEP-2014 and Expiry date: 23-SEP-2017

My wife got ILR ( PBS route (Tier 1 General)) in 2014 and in 2016, she got her British passport.

Based on the above details, I have the following queries:
1. Should I apply extension under PBS dependant or under FLR(M)?

2. If I apply extension under PBS dependant, how long will the stay be granted for?

Will I satisfy the criteria (which states I would be required to complete 5 years prior to applying) for ILR at the end of the extension period? I ask this because if I am granted only 1 year extension and if it were to end in Sept 2018, I will short of one month to complete 5 years? And apply for another extension?

3. If I apply extension under FLR(M) and granted stay, will I have to stay in the UK for another 5 years before I am eligible for ILR?

4. For the IHS via PBS application online , the web page is asking for visa expiry date (as my wife's visa route was Tier 1) but now she is a British citizen. I am not sure what expiry date I need to give ? I am unable to skip that page as well. Is there any chance I will be exempt from IHS fees or if I have to pay how much will it be ?

It will be much appreciated if you could respond to my queries. Looking forward to your response before I proceed with my application.

Many thanks in advance.

VM

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependant extension duration and IHS query - please

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:59 pm

1. Should I apply extension under PBS dependant or under FLR(M)?
PBS Dependent.
2. If I apply extension under PBS dependant, how long will the stay be granted for?

Will I satisfy the criteria (which states I would be required to complete 5 years prior to applying) for ILR at the end of the extension period? I ask this because if I am granted only 1 year extension and if it were to end in Sept 2018, I will short of one month to complete 5 years? And apply for another extension?
It will be a 3 year extension. You cannot apply for less.
3. If I apply extension under FLR(M) and granted stay, will I have to stay in the UK for another 5 years before I am eligible for ILR?
Yes
4. For the IHS via PBS application online , the web page is asking for visa expiry date (as my wife's visa route was Tier 1) but now she is a British citizen. I am not sure what expiry date I need to give ? I am unable to skip that page as well. Is there any chance I will be exempt from IHS fees or if I have to pay how much will it be ?

No you are not exempt. You have to pay £600. You must apply alone. There apparently is a box to tick somewhere that your spouse is British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vmo
Newly Registered

Post by vmo » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:22 am

Thank you so very much CR001. Really appreciate the most prompt and useful response.

Regarding IHS , I was not able to select that my spouse is British citizen as I was redirected from my application to IHS and was also not able to complete application without visa expiry date. As I was planning to apply in person , I started with the appointment booking process where I was redirected to the IHS site and I was able to enter just my details which led to payment page for £600. Upon completion , I received the IHS number which I entered in the PBS application and completed filing application.

Once again , thank you very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:27 pm

Great, pleased that worked out and I will make a note of this for all the other questions we get regarding the IHS issue. Might make this a 'sticky' topic so that it is always at the top for ease of reference.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vmo
Newly Registered

Re: PBS dependant extension duration and IHS query - please help

Post by vmo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:36 am

That will be useful. Also I would like to share that during my appointment , I was asked to show my wife's British passport and more evidence that we were together in this country. I pointed out
1. that my bank statements were from joint account and 2. checklist dod not mention that original applicant's passport is required. I asked if they will accept soft copies of passport and mortgage documents. Initially they were querying if it is possible for me to bring the passport and more documents the same day , but I insisted that I had soft copies right away and that these documents were not included in the checklist. After couple of hours of deliberation , they accepted all soft copies and my visa was approved ( for 3 years and biometric card received in 3 working days) . I would suggest that dependant visa applicants take more documents than what is listed in the checklist to avoid long delays and stress. Thanks again moderator for your timely info.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependant extension duration and IHS query - please help

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:30 pm

This topic is a sticky topic for information purposes only re IHS and a way to get around the excessive fee shown when imputing ILR details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)