ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 choices between Investor or Tourist Visa.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Investor) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pantsri
Newly Registered

2 choices between Investor or Tourist Visa.

Post by pantsri » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi,
My poor UK immigration history resulted to the settlement refusal twice on 2008 has stopped me to be with my ex partner so eventually we broke up at the end. After the greatest disappointment about living in the UK with him. I learnt that I would love myself more and I will put my heart and soul to my work back home where I am now as a stock trader ever since as a day trader. I work for myself, no bosses to push me around. I frequently trade in FTSE(UK) and HSI(HK) Now, I have profited and my capital is at least 1.7m pounds in my RBS Stock Broker account, I can trade from anywhere in the world where has an internet connection. My questions are;

1) If I wish to apply UK Tier 1 Investor Visa, any chances to succeed? because of my poor immigration history and 2 times refusal on 2008 has put me off.
2) I will intend to live in the UK for 6 months a year as I have my business in my home country which needs to be looked after. Will I be qualified for Investor Visa?
3) Or apply a tourist visa and stay in UK 6 months/year is better idea? But will I be stopped again?

Thank you for your answers, really appreciate.

soma7474

Post by soma7474 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:11 am

You can applyfor TIER 1 INVESTOR.

Could you clarify your worst immigration history etc....?

VR

If you have the money you say you have

Post by VR » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:34 am

I suggest you can apply for a US Green Card rather which secures your future and as you mention you could still continue trading from anywhere in the world and have the world at your feet.

Having said that if your refusals were on the ground of purely Economic factors (like failing to meet the criteria) it should not affect you and you can make an attempt through strong immigration consultants (get a consultation of your case rather than post your details on a web forum), but if it had anything to do with wrong information, breach of immigration rules or the equivalent, your application will not succeed for 10 years from the said date of the refusal no matter what, even if you showed up with a truckload of gold.
cheers
vr