ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Executive resigned

Only for UK Tier 1 (Investor) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

brazilianuk
Newly Registered

Executive resigned

Post by brazilianuk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi All,

My first post, so please bear with me... a good friend (US executive, working for a huge company, earning over £250K a year here) has resigned. He's on a work permit as he does not have EU citizenship.

What are his options if he wants to stay on? His partner is from the US as well (so that avenue is closed). I understand that HSMP has closed off, and so has the Tier 1 General.

Is there any other avenue other than finding another employer ready to take him on?

1) Entrepreneur with £50K available? Can this be his own money? Does he have to open up a company? Can he lodge the visa application in country?
2) Given that technically he is still working until the end of this month, can he then 'transfer' into TIER1 General still?
3) IF he got another job, how long would the process to transfer his visa from one employer to another take?

Thank you so much.

Alex

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:54 pm

His options are Tier 1 (Ent) with 200K of his own money or 50K from an approved VC firm. Also Tier 2 (General) if he can find a sponsor.