ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My cousin and her husband... (They have their own money)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Investor) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Wolfforce
Newly Registered

My cousin and her husband... (They have their own money)

Post by Wolfforce » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi there,

My cousin and her husband are super rich and living in Jordan currently, they want to open up a business or send us the money to open a business for her husband, the question is..... What is the best business we can open to help them out? so we can bring them here, I mean it is their own money at the end of the day.... they want to live here, they have no problem what so ever with the money so they can support themselves easily.

(by the way they have Iraqi passports as far as I know)

What is the best way to do it, I was searching the net all the time but just could not find the answer I am looking for...

Thanks in advance.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:26 pm

You opening a business for them is putting the cart before the horse. They don't need to do that to be granted a visa to live in the UK; or rather, they don't need to do this before they have been granted the visa and are living in the UK. It can all be done later.

They should look at the Tier 1 entrepreneur and investor categories and see which is appropriate for their situation. If, as you say, they are wealthy, the should and must seek professional advice on their best options rather than relying on your well-intentioned but, nevertheless, inexperienced assistance.

Blacksnow
- thin ice -

Re: My cousin and her husband... (They have their own money)

Post by Blacksnow » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:33 pm

You can buy any UK franchise. It will be easy to start and run business in the UK

Wolfforce wrote:Hi there,

My cousin and her husband are super rich and living in Jordan currently, they want to open up a business or send us the money to open a business for her husband, the question is..... What is the best business we can open to help them out? so we can bring them here, I mean it is their own money at the end of the day.... they want to live here, they have no problem what so ever with the money so they can support themselves easily.

(by the way they have Iraqi passports as far as I know)

What is the best way to do it, I was searching the net all the time but just could not find the answer I am looking for...

Thanks in advance.

Ann.J
Newly Registered

Franchising

Post by Ann.J » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:25 am

Franchising is not really a good idea because it will require complex licensing and different paper requirements I guess.

James.Dunlop
Site Admin

Post by James.Dunlop » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi

While it is possible to get a Tier 1 visa and only choose what to do on arrival, this is not wise. Investments need to be made within 3 months, and this is not a subject best considered against the clock.

T1 (E) requires £200k rather than £1m, and also allows the funds to go into a business that they can hire someone to run. T1 (E) is probably best if they meet the English language requirement. If they do not, try T1 (I), in which case it is possible for them to invest in a franchise, although this is less usual than quoted securities and involves complex ongong valuations. workpermit.com can help I suggest emailing the CEO, Sanwar@workpermit.com

Kind regards

James
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com

Qwerty-UK

Post by Qwerty-UK » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:57 am

James.Dunlop wrote:Hi
Investments need to be made within 3 months,
James, does this apply to Entrepreneur visas also or is it just for Investor visas? I would think most entrepreneurs would want to spread their £50k over a few months to get their business running.

durgaprasadzone
Newly Registered

Post by durgaprasadzone » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Thanks for sharing information. Actually I had also the same question in mind for a long time anyways you started this thread & I am so happy.