ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for Flro visa under post study visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

meed1
Newly Registered

Apply for Flro visa under post study visa

Post by meed1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Hello, please I need your help.. I am currently on post study visa and pregnant. The problem is my visa expires a few days before my due date. I intend to apply for FLRO because I lost a pregnancy earlier this year and was admitted in the hospital for a few days due to complications, i also had raised blood pressure so I had to be monitored and checked thoroughly. After that I travelled overseas to see my husband and got pregnant again. Now this time I have seen my consultant who has monitored me closely and and the pregnancy is progressing well although I have had to go through various tests. But I am scared to leave the country because I don't want anything to happen to my current pregnancy. So will I be eligible for the visa. Thank you.
Your response is highly appreciated

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:34 pm

The application will be refused. How long it takes to be refused is a moot point and, as you obviously know already, your status will continue to be valid while you wait for that decision. The UKBA will wonder why you do not simply leave now while there is still plenty of time to seek competent medical help in your homeland and they may well infer that you deliberately avoided that opportunity and are making a frivolous application to avail yourself of free NHS treatment during a period when you have ceased to be entitled to such services.

meed1
Newly Registered

Post by meed1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:20 am

Thank you so much for your reply, it Is highly appreciated. My problem is I can't guarantee the health care system in my home country because my first baby illness wasn't detected on time and this is due to the negligence.i lost the baby at 24weeks . i dont want to risk it happening again.. all I basically need the visa for is the duration of giving birth and when the baby is fine to fly.. i can go back to my home country after that period but I don't want to give birth in my home country.. please what advice would you give me or what visa should I apply for if I can't get the discretionary visa
Can I apply for the FLRO stating that I just want the visa for the duration of birth till the baby is fit to fly and if I am asked to pay for the childbirth I will.. all I am asking for is the best health care for my unborn child..

meed1
Newly Registered

Post by meed1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:11 am

Hello please I really need a response from people... thank you.. it is really important.

Also I need to know if someone has 2 months and 10 days left on a post study visa and the person is out of the country.. will he or she be allowed back in by the immigration officer.. thank you

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:59 pm

How much time do you have until you are due?

meed1
Newly Registered

Post by meed1 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Hello I am due ending of march 2014

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:03 pm

meed1 wrote:Hello please I really need a response from people... thank you.. it is really important.

Also I need to know if someone has 2 months and 10 days left on a post study visa and the person is out of the country.. will he or she be allowed back in by the immigration officer.. thank you
If you are not currently working in the UK and are obviously pregnant and only have a very short-dated visa, it has been known for leave to be curtailed even before you board the plane in your country. Depends if there is a UKBA local liaison officer on duty and paying attention to what seems like someone who is entering the UK just to have the baby rather than continue as a psw migrant.

meed1
Newly Registered

Post by meed1 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:12 am

Thank you for your prompt reply.. i am really grateful..
Are you advising I stay back in my home country when I just left the UK last month to spend time with my family. I was hoping to change my visa status to student visa upon arrival in the UK. This way I can further my studies and have my baby in the best hospital.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:54 am

Your situation is beyond the scope of standard immigration issues discussed here. You are not following a particular clearly defined path according to the rules but, instead, are maneuvering in the hope of having a live birth in the UK. Do you even have a course lined up to switch into; what about the child when you are studying? Your plan lacks a certain credibility from a genuine intention perspective (that will be the view of the UKBA rather than my own opinion) and I can't, therefore, make accurate predictions on what may happen when you attempt to return to the UK.

There is an older tread on this forum started by a woman who was granted a T4 visa outside the UK but, as she attempted to check in at the airport in her home country, the UKBA liaison officer noticed that she was in the late stages of pregnancy and quizzed her about reconciling the situation of attending to her studies and caring for the child. He was not satisfied she intended to use her current visa for the purpose intended and cancelled it right there at the airline check-in desk. She had a new 2 year visa; you have only a couple of months remaining on your visa in which you are supposed to be working in the UK (yet are pregnant!), so I would consider your situation as being weaker than hers. Even though you may have the notion of switching inside the UK, you cannot actually enter the UK as anything other than a PSW migrant but, as a person on that status, if you are not working, have only two months left on your leave, and are pregnant, I can't see how you can justify your claim to be re-entering to continue as a PSW migrant and nor can I see how you would escape the attention of the Border Force. That is my opinion.