ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

brp delay

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ss363
Newly Registered

brp delay

Post by ss363 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:38 am

Hi! I have applied for PSW in march... My timeline is as follows:

Applied: 26/03/12
Bio: 3/05/12
Visa apprved: 18/07/12
BRP: NO NEWS!!!!

mp involved in my case...

I was supposed to receive the BRP last week, but it never arrived...I tried to contact border agency, but got just an automatic reply. Would be very grateful if anyone can give me some hints how to deal with this. I have plans to travel on the 9th of August (as i have not seen my family for 3 years now!).

Thank you!!!

Sonya

Be+
Newly Registered

Post by Be+ » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi Sonya,

My timeline exactly similar to yours. I applied in March, received my approval letter on 21/07/2012 which was dated 18/07/2012. I am yet to receive my BRP. In the letter it says that the BRP should be received within 7 working days. I emailed UKBA today and got an automated reply. This wait is horrible, I have already waited for 4 months for my visa. Don't know what's taking them so long.

ss363
Newly Registered

Post by ss363 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:03 pm

Be+ wrote:Hi Sonya,

My timeline exactly similar to yours. I applied in March, received my approval letter on 21/07/2012 which was dated 18/07/2012. I am yet to receive my BRP. In the letter it says that the BRP should be received within 7 working days. I emailed UKBA today and got an automated reply. This wait is horrible, I have already waited for 4 months for my visa. Don't know what's taking them so long.
I know exactly how you feel. I got the automatic e-mail too, which made me contact my mp... Not sure, if it was because he wrote them, but I just got an e-mail from BRP DELAYS saying:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the delivery of your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

Your BRP should be delivered within the next 3-7 working days.

If you have not received your BRP within 10 working days, please re-contact us and we will investigate.

Deliveries take place between 8am and 6pm.

Please note that on delivery the courier will require proof of identity (such as your passport, driving licence or bank card) and a signature to confirm receipt of the package.

You are advised not to make any travel arrangements until you have received your BRP.

Thank you
BRP Management Unit

I suppose this is another automatic message (as if you google it you'll see other people get the same in similar cases), so not sure if it means it'll take from 3 to 7 days...

I found someone else in this forum who had a similar problem a year ago, and he told me he had to call UKBA many times and one of the officers was kind enough to have a look at his case and find that they forgot to issue his BRP...I called them today and the answer was write us an e-mail and we cannot comment on this issue...it cost me 20 pounds as I was on a waiting line for 40 minutes...so this is not the best strategy in this case i suppose. In any case i would advise you to contact your mp. I will up-date you if anything happens. Good luck! and keep strong! sonya

ss363
Newly Registered

Post by ss363 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Also, what you could do is to write the DX courier (Tracking.Help@thedx.co.uk) asking to check their records and find out if they hold/held any deliveries for you...I checked this first before contacting the UKBA, and apparently there was nothing for me. IN any case, it is worth trying...

Be+
Newly Registered

Post by Be+ » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi Sonya,

Thanks for your reply. I got exactly same reply from UKBA this morning. I am not sure if we will get the BRP in 3-7 working days, I hope we do. I will email the courier service and find out if there is anything for me. I will update you on whats happening with me.

ss363
Newly Registered

Post by ss363 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:46 am

Thanks for your reply. I got exactly same reply from UKBA this morning. I am not sure if we will get the BRP in 3-7 working days, I hope we do. I will email the courier service and find out if there is anything for me. I will update you on whats happening with me.
Hello! Just got my BRP 5 min ago. THe DX secure confirmed that they had a delivery for me, they called me from the MP office to confirm and the postman came literally 2 minutes after all this. The card says it has been issued on the 1st of August, which means that only after I saw the mp and he contacted them. Good luck and keep me posted what happens.