Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Can I get extend my visa from Tier 4 category

Only for UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:21 pm

Can I get extend my visa from Tier 4 category

Post by khyati.dhupar » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:04 pm


I am currently on student - tier 4 - visa and my visa is due to expire on 15 January 2015. I have completed masters in law from a reputed university in London but have been unable to secure a job offer. In the beginning of my academic year, I had an accident at a train station because of which I became disabled. It has been over a year and I am still recovering from the disability. I have also initiated a personal injury claim against British Railways. How can I extend my stay here in UK? Is there some visa category like HSMP or PSW available? or can my visa be extended on the basis of accident? what are all the possible options? I am an Indian girl.

Thanks in advance.


Respected Guru
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: UK

Re: Can I get extend my visa from Tier 4 category

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:50 pm

You can find tier2 sponsor to switch into tier2 visa or can continue to stay on tier4 if you join PHD program.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.