ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant seeking sponsorship

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

daich
Newly Registered

Dependant seeking sponsorship

Post by daich » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi. Currently my wife has a PSW VISA which I am a dependant of. I currently have employment in the tech industry and am hoping for sponsorship from my work.
Would my current status, employed +1 year and a PSW Dependant, give me any advantages or am I virtually like a foreigner looking for sponsorship for a tier 2 work visa?
Thanks for any tips!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Dependant seeking sponsorship

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:06 pm

daich wrote:or am I virtually like a foreigner looking for sponsorship for a tier 2 work visa?
Yes, and would have to apply from outside the UK under all the conditions and restrictions of such applications.

A viable alternative would be to use your skills to help your wife to open a business in your field of expertise. She could switch into Tier 1 (Ent) and you could switch with her.

daich
Newly Registered

Re: Dependant seeking sponsorship

Post by daich » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:48 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for the help! My visa was received mid January and indeed I applied outside of the country (in the USA).
It was received in 4 weeks time (spanning winter holidays to be fair).
Just wanted to thank and confirm the advise received here!