ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need a solicitor to apply for Tier 1 PSW Dependant?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ahsanhoney123

Post by ahsanhoney123 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:15 am

Dear Friends,

I have paid £500 to immigration barristers but they have provided me inaccurate advise which has affected me in different ways. Bank statement maintenance dates, flight booking, holiday request from employer etc. Now they are denying to refund me my fees.

All I need help on is that is it that complicated to hire a solicitor to make an application for Tier ! PSW Dependant visa. What are the basic requirements that I need to fulfil?

I am a Pakistani and have been in the UK since February 2007. I came on student visa and then changed to PSW visa which is expiring in February 2013. I have made my own 3 student extension applications and a PSW application by myself. I recently married to a Pakistani girl who has a PSW visa till July 2014.

Please advise.

geriatrix

Re: Do I need a solicitor to apply for Tier 1 PSW Dependant?

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:59 am

ahsanhoney123 wrote:I am a Pakistani and have been in the UK since February 2007. I came on student visa and then changed to PSW visa which is expiring in February 2013. I have made my own 3 student extension applications and a PSW application by myself.
If you did all that by yourself, then a dependant entry clearance application is peanuts!! Read the policy guidance to start with, and having done that, if you have any questions, feel free to ask here.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

segunolu88
Angola

Post by segunolu88 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:58 am

Clearly your message seems to be confusing if I got it right. You stated your PSW is expiring in 2013 and your wife's PSW expiring July 2014, so whose dependant visa you wish to apply for?

In any case, you need to maintain £600 (or equivalent in Rupees) for each dependant for 90 days excluding yours (since you have been granted a visa).

You will need your passport and visa pages.