ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR O application declared invalid after 6 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vicksss
Newly Registered

FLR O application declared invalid after 6 months

Post by vicksss » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:36 pm

Hi.
I applied for flr o extension on the 3rd July 2012 and received the acknowledgement letter on the 9th July 2012. The fee was also taken the same day.
Today after more than six months my solicitor recieved letter from ukba that the application has been declared invalid as no photos was accompanying the application.
I was so shocked at it because i am dead sure that the photos were attached with the application. The solicitors are also saying the same thing because the whole application was coppied by them and the photos were included in it.
I am really worried as i was expecting for a decision but instead i recieved the application back as invalid after more than 6 months. How come the UKBA held on to the application with them for 6 months if it was invalid.
Please let me know what is the best think to do in these circumstances, also please share if any one of you have undergone same situation.
Thanks

Mela

Post by Mela » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:29 am

Invalid applications are indeed common problem and are causing difficulties and waste of time for both applicant and UKBA.

Recent cases shows that where applicant claims application was validly made and he attached the photographs, the law will side the applicant. Please see the similiar case for details.
http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Adm ... /2966.html

THe precedent created, so dont worry. Speak to a good solicitor, ask him to write a good covering letter and re-apply. YOu will be fine.

Good luck.