ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IGS

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kkuk

IGS

Post by kkuk » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:16 pm

hi guys..
HELP..
Since last student visa extension i change the college because of management problems and immediately after last extension i started PGD at a recognised/listed bodies college.I finished PGD in April 2008 and applied IGS on 26 june 2008. I was asked to submit the explanation ''Whay and When I changed My Course/College'''?

I have sent the covering letter and a letter from the previous college's 2nd campus explaining that they had management problems and had to close the campus.
Any idea how long its gonna take now for the outcome.
thank you so much.anybody with similar situation??

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:03 pm

I suppose u might have a problem. As from 1st September 2007 it is student's responsibility to inform HO if they change college. But if they refuse your visa, u will get a appeal right and in the appeal you will definitely win. I hope u do not have to go through that process. Because then u might need to spend lots of pounds for solicitors...

kkuk

Post by kkuk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:30 pm

thanks Raj

You might be right but if they would have wanted to refuse my IGS,they could have done on same day when i submitted my application.
what do you think..?in this case arnt there gud chances??

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:41 pm

Since they haven't refused it, that means if you could provide as much info you can to justify your case then u should be alright. But don't take them lightly. provide as much info you can.

djc

Post by djc » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:21 am

Hi Kkuk,

I was in a similar position in April this year. However anticipating this problem, I had decided to go in person to Croydon. The visa officer seemed to be quite confused about the whole thing and decided to grill me properly. He went through the dates quite meticulously and then asked for the reason for my abandoning my previous course when only 3 months were left. I explained that I did not feel that the previous course was any good and that completing it would not bring any value addition to me. After 5 mins of grilling, he went ahead and granted me the visa. I personally think that you shall be ok.

Regards

kkuk

Post by kkuk » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:45 am

djc wrote:Hi Kkuk,

I was in a similar position in April this year. However anticipating this problem, I had decided to go in person to Croydon. The visa officer seemed to be quite confused about the whole thing and decided to grill me properly. He went through the dates quite meticulously and then asked for the reason for my abandoning my previous course when only 3 months were left. I explained that I did not feel that the previous course was any good and that completing it would not bring any value addition to me. After 5 mins of grilling, he went ahead and granted me the visa. I personally think that you shall be ok.

Regards
djc,
thanks so much for your reply.atleast i have got little peace of mind now.i submitted my documents through premium service and i was told that i need to gevie them written evidence and covering letter etc by post.i did it on 4th july.havent heard since.hope it goes well.
shall i call them and ask about this?do you think it would be better?

thlmobile
Newly Registered

Post by thlmobile » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:12 am

I have researched this in the UK briefly, so I know it's possible, but I am training in Ireland, so I don't know all the details for the UK.