ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inofrmation about Dependant Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jim1981
Newly Registered

Inofrmation about Dependant Visa

Post by jim1981 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi All,

I am on PSW visa and working full time here in UK. My wife has UK visit VISA for 6 months. Can she come here on VISIT visa and apply for PSW dependant visa?

At the moment, she is not in home country and can't apply for dependant visa from another country. Due to some problems, she is not able travel back home and apply for dependant visa fom there.

Can anyone please suggest and help me on this matter.

Many Thanks.

Regards,
J

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:22 pm

No, but if she has a residence (non-visit) visa for the country where she is now, she may apply from there.

jim1981
Newly Registered

Post by jim1981 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi Lucapooka,

Thanks for your quick reply.
She is on student visa and UKBA website for that European country says you can not apply from there.

Also visa change from visit to dependant category is not mentioned anywhere on the UKBA website.

Is there anyother source where I can find help or any other alternative which helps her tp apply from here in UK?

Many Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:35 pm

She can apply is she is not visiting. Ignore what you may have been told, or indicate in a link the information you have been given and I will elaborate where you are mistaken.

Here is the policy where you can easily she how she is eligible to apply as someone with a student residence in that country.

Applications for all other types of entry clearance, including PBS* and settlement (*see tier 5 exception below) should be made in the applicant's country of residence. 'Country of residence' is not necessarily their country of origin and refers to wherever the applicant has permission to reside, for example, for work or study purposes

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /ecb/ecb5/

jim1981
Newly Registered

Post by jim1981 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi Lucapooka,

Here is the link:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/countr ... %20English

Applying for a UK visa if you have temporary permission to stay

If you have temporary permission to stay (for example, as a visitor) in the country where you are currently living, you cannot apply for most types of UK visa in that country. You can only apply for:

a visitor visa
a Tier 5 (Temporary worker - creative and sporting) visa
an EEA family permit
Your application may be referred back to your country of residence, which may cause delays.

Thank you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:59 pm

So that refers to visitor, and is not relevant to your wife. It makes no mention of similar restrictions on those with residence visas such as a student visa. The link I have provided is very clear on this issue. When your wife applies it is worth indicating the ECB5 guidance in the application.

jim1981
Newly Registered

Post by jim1981 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:07 pm

If you see few line above the More Inofrmation Section on previous link:

If you currently have temporary permission to stay in Norway (for example, as a student or a visitor), you can only apply for some types of UK visa - see 'More information' below -

But in the next More Information section, they have not mentioned word - student.

On the same page, two different informations are provide !! Not sure, which one is Right and didn't get approprite help from WorldBridge as they divert to this website.

Many Thanks for your time and help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:16 pm

So, what would you like to do now? You have asked the forum to advise you and someone has, and being on open community, any bogus information should be quickly challenged. You may now choose to wait for my comments to be challenged (hopefully by official citation to the contrary). Otherwise, if that does not happen you have to then decide whether you wish to seek professional assistance on this matter or choose to apply or not to apply depending on your personal interpretation of all the information you have read.

jim1981
Newly Registered

Post by jim1981 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:36 pm

I can wait for further comments from you. I really hope that the info provided in last section is correct.

Applying from Home Country will be a tough task for us.

As you mentioned, I can not apply from UK (from visit to Dependant category), the 2nd option is only to apply from another country.

Thanks.