ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost receipt

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dragonballz
Newly Registered

Lost receipt

Post by dragonballz » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi all,

first time posting so let me know If it's in the wrong thread or something :)

So, I've sent my psw application on the 3rd of April 2012 and got there at the 4th because I sent it via next day delivery and got my receipt exactly a month later, 4th of May. I've been so nervous checking my mailbox everytime because I didn't think it would take this long to hear from them further (now I know I'm not alone after reading some of the threads). I want to call them but I misplaced my receipt which probably has my reference number on it right? and I would need to state that number when I phone them. Do you think it's going to be a problem if I try to call them to ask about the progress without the reference number? Is it going to be a problem anyway if I don't have it at all?

I've been browsing around the UKBA website to look for some kind of number to call but it is absolutely useless. Does that bother anyone else?

Also, i dont know if this belongs here but i'll ask away anyway, a friend of mine applied from outside the UK and got her psw visa within a week after the giving in the application. crazy right? Anyway, she just recently heard that she has to travel to the UK within 2 months after receiving the visa otherwise it will be invalid. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

dragonballz
Newly Registered

Post by dragonballz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:39 am

can anyone advise on which number i can call to chase them up about biometrics / or the visa process itself? I know it might be a lost cause but I have been two months without a passport now and I'm ready to go on holiday so I can't just sit here, wait and do nothing.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:33 pm

Firstly postpone your holiday plans for at least 3 months.

Chasing with UKBA is going to be futile as you are going to get a meaningless answers.

On the brighter side the fact that you have received an acknowledgement letter implies (or most likely implication) that your application is valid and under process and you should expect to receive your Biometric letter soon.

If i were you I wouldn't worry too much for not receiving one as you are not the only one. I applied on the 3rd of April and haven't received an invitation letter yet

syed_mustafa
Newly Registered

Re: Lost receipt

Post by syed_mustafa » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:43 am

dragonballz wrote:Hi all,

first time posting so let me know If it's in the wrong thread or something :)

So, I've sent my psw application on the 3rd of April 2012 and got there at the 4th because I sent it via next day delivery and got my receipt exactly a month later, 4th of May. I've been so nervous checking my mailbox everytime because I didn't think it would take this long to hear from them further (now I know I'm not alone after reading some of the threads). I want to call them but I misplaced my receipt which probably has my reference number on it right? and I would need to state that number when I phone them. Do you think it's going to be a problem if I try to call them to ask about the progress without the reference number? Is it going to be a problem anyway if I don't have it at all?

I've been browsing around the UKBA website to look for some kind of number to call but it is absolutely useless. Does that bother anyone else?

Also, i dont know if this belongs here but i'll ask away anyway, a friend of mine applied from outside the UK and got her psw visa within a week after the giving in the application. crazy right? Anyway, she just recently heard that she has to travel to the UK within 2 months after receiving the visa otherwise it will be invalid. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Hi

You can try calling 0870 606 7766 but just as the previous poster said it's futile