ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Post Study Work for PhD from April 2013

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adviceplease
Newly Registered

New Post Study Work for PhD from April 2013

Post by adviceplease » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:49 pm

Dear All,

I hope you are well. I have just officially completed my PhD and I read that UKBA will introduce a new PSW for PhD student from April 2013. As I am not very lucky, my visa expires the end of this month (31 January 2013) and even though I am a genuine student and I worked very hard to complete my degree, the UK does not allow me to stay and I will have to leave the country. I am so sad specially after living in the UK for 6 years!

I was just wondering whether the new law that will be introduced in April 2013 will go backwards? In other words, would it allow me to come back to the UK in the future? Thanks a lot

Regards

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: New Post Study Work for PhD from April 2013

Post by quantum1 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:49 am

adviceplease wrote:Dear All,

I hope you are well. I have just officially completed my PhD and I read that UKBA will introduce a new PSW for PhD student from April 2013. As I am not very lucky, my visa expires the end of this month (31 January 2013) and even though I am a genuine student and I worked very hard to complete my degree, the UK does not allow me to stay and I will have to leave the country. I am so sad specially after living in the UK for 6 years!

I was just wondering whether the new law that will be introduced in April 2013 will go backwards? In other words, would it allow me to come back to the UK in the future? Thanks a lot

Regards
Probably, if it was like the previous one. In that one you could apply if you graduated up to a year before application date.

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:55 am

where did you read that?

adviceplease
Newly Registered

Post by adviceplease » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:46 am

Sar78 wrote:where did you read that?

LSE link:

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/intranet/students/ISIS/Home.aspx

"
New post-study working permissions for PhD students

The Home Secretary recently announced plans to introduce a new immigration category in April 2013 which allows students who complete a PhD in the UK to stay for one year in order to find work or set-up a business. As yet we do not have any further details on the scheme."

and another link:

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/index.php

"Working after your PhD
12 December 2012
The Home Secretary has today announced that the UK Government plans to introduce in April 2013 a new immigration category. It will allow students who complete a PhD in the UK to stay for one year in order to find work or to set up a business. We do not yet have any further details.

For information about how to stay in the UK for work after study before this new provision comes into force, see Working in the UK after your studies.

Home Secretary's speech"