ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent - Visa extension - Documents list

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

PBS Dependent - Visa extension - Documents list

Post by rubina20102010 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi guys,

Could someone please list down or point me the URL where I can find out the documents required by PBS dependent extension.

My husband is going to apply for that in next 3 days.

Thanks in advance,
Rubi

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:05 pm

What do u mean by PBS dependant extension? A dependant visa itself depends on the immigration status of the main applicant. If you mean to say that you want to apply as a dependant of a PBS migrant, then have a look at this:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:40 pm

bruteforce wrote:What do u mean by PBS dependant extension? A dependant visa itself depends on the immigration status of the main applicant. If you mean to say that you want to apply as a dependant of a PBS migrant, then have a look at this:

Thanks , I have an ILR visa and my husband hasn't completed 2 years and he has Tier 1 - dependent visa now.

I'm looking to apply PBS dependent extension for him........so what document s should I attach to support his application?

Thanks in advance,
Rubia

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:39 pm

If you have an ILR then how could your husband apply for a PBS dependant visa?

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:17 pm

bruteforce wrote:If you have an ILR then how could your husband apply for a PBS dependant visa?
YES - this is what I asked twice from UKBA call centre staffs.....

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:18 pm

rubina20102010 wrote:
bruteforce wrote:If you have an ILR then how could your husband apply for a PBS dependant visa?
YES - this is what I asked twice from UKBA call centre staffs.....

Dependants of Points Based System (PBS) Migrants
Q. I am the dependant of a PBS Migrant who has now become settled in the UK. Do I need to switch into the ‘Partner of a Settled Person’ category?
A. This will depend on how the PBS Migrant applied for settlement. If they were granted on the basis of being a PBS Migrant (under Tier 1 or Tier 2) then you will not need to switch and you can apply for an extension as a PBS dependant until you meet the requirements for settlement yourself. Apply for further leave on the ‘PBS Dependant’ application form.
If the PBS Migrant applied for settlement under the Long Residency provision, then you can no longer be considered as a PBS Dependant and you must apply for Leave to Remain as the ‘Partner of a Settled Person’ on application form FLR(M).
Further information is available on our website: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ansitional provisions

Q. I switched into the ‘Partner of a Settled Person’ category before 9 July 2012; do I begin my qualifying period again?
A. No, you can combine leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the partner of a settled person to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287.

Q If I have leave as a PBS dependant, what form do I use when I apply for settlement?
A Form SET(O)

Q If I have leave as a Partner of a Settled Person what form do I use when I apply for settlement?
A Form SET(M)

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:26 pm

If that is the case then i uggest you look at the foolowing:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf

Also

I dont know why would anyone need to be eligible in his / her own right in order to apply as a dependant of a settled person?

na2316

Post by na2316 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi,

My question is a bit relevant.

Please advise, really confused... read a lot of posts here but still not clear.

I am applying for ILR now, because i have completed 5 years...Tier 1 dependent.

My wife got Tier 1 dependent visa...valid till 2014.

Does she need to apply now (to be my dependent once i move to ILR) or wait till 2014 when her tier 1 dependent visa ends?

thanks

UVIC
Newly Registered

Post by UVIC » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:39 pm

na2316 wrote:Hi,

My question is a bit relevant.

Please advise, really confused... read a lot of posts here but still not clear.

I am applying for ILR now, because i have completed 5 years...Tier 1 dependent.

My wife got Tier 1 dependent visa...valid till 2014.

Does she need to apply now (to be my dependent once i move to ILR) or wait till 2014 when her tier 1 dependent visa ends?

thanks
So who is the main applicant? You said you have completed 5 years...Tier 1 dependant. And your wife also got dependant?? :shock: :shock:

bassie
Newly Registered

Re: PBS Dependent - Visa extension - Documents list

Post by bassie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:22 pm

Hello,

have you found any further info on that? i am also on a pbs dependent visa but my partner has recently switched to ilr and i wondered if i need to switch to ilr immediately or can i wait till my current pbs dependent visa expires in 2015?

vinny

Re: PBS Dependent - Visa extension - Documents list

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:48 pm

It depends on whether your partner was granted ILR under PBS or Long residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.