ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post study/Fresh talent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jjloubser
Newly Registered

Post study/Fresh talent visa

Post by jjloubser » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:31 am

My wife has been granted a study visa to study at the UNV of Stirling, Scotland for the next 4 years & as her husband, I have been granted a dependancy visa to accompany her. When she has finished her studies, she would like to apply for the above mentioned visa, BUT how does that impact me. Would my dependancy visa be extended to match her new visa?

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:59 am

When ur wife gets PSW Visa, u will get dependent visa. Both of u will get 2 yrs visa. Therefore ur status will be same as now and u both will apply together.

Bibas
Newly Registered

Post by Bibas » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:23 am

RAJ2007 wrote:When ur wife gets PSW Visa, u will get dependent visa. Both of u will get 2 yrs visa. Therefore ur status will be same as now and u both will apply together.
JJloubser,

You should not have any problem to change ur status as her dependant as in the Tie 1 Dependant form, it has clearly mentioned in page 13 Sec 2 D1. But I am in dilemna as my wife is in student status where as I am in IGS at the moment, and thinking to apply for PSW but dont know if my wife can change her student status to my dependant as PSW here in the UK, or we need to go back home and apply as my dependant.

I am toooo stressed, any help RAJ, sushdmehta. I have posted a sperate thread as well for help in the same issue.

thlmobile
Newly Registered

Post by thlmobile » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:13 am

I had decided to go in person to Croydon. The visa officer seemed to be quite confused about the whole thing and decided to grill me properly. He went through the dates quite meticulously and then asked for the reason for my abandoning my previous course when only 3 months were left.