ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Process / Requirements for the Application of PSW Dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

subujoseph
India

Process / Requirements for the Application of PSW Dependent

Post by subujoseph » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:33 pm

Dear All,

After going through numerous threads, posts and UKBA webpages I still have many unanswered questions. I think you all agree that the UKBA webpages are highly disorganised and to get a correct answer is difficult. So here are the things which I believe is true. I thought since many will be applying for a PSW dependant visa in the near future this thread will answer their questions.

Requirements

Q1. Maintenance Funds
A. This seems to be the confusion in most of the cases. I can confirm that the Maintenance fund requirements for dependents are as follows.
1. If you are in the U.K for more that 12 months at the time of application, this including your study period, fund required = £600 for 90 consecutive days for each dependant.
2. If you are in the U.K for less than 12 months at the time of application funds required = £1800 for 90 consecutive days for each dependent.

I think this clarifies that question.

Q2. Proof of Relationship
I believe these are the documents required.
A.
i. Marriage Certificate - This must be from the concerned government authority / courts etc. and not from any religious institutions.
ii. Photographs of the Marriage - some snaps of the wedded couple, wedding photographs etc.

From reading the posts I also gather that people generally attach Wedding Invitation letters etc, but I cannot find any evidence for mandatory requirement for this wedding invitation letter anywhere in U.K.B.A webpages.

If you are NOT newly wedded, then I think you should attach proof for continued relationship.
i. Chat Logs
ii. Communication History such as telephone calls, Skype Calls various chat logs etc. (But I have a question here. Chat logs can be very personal in nature and wouldn't submitting them be a breach of privacy???)

Q. Tenancy Agreements, Employment Letter etc.
A. I CANNOT find evidence anywhere within the U.K.B.A webpages where it says there documents are mandatory.
So these documents are NOT OFFICIALLY REQUIRED.

But from various posts I can see that many people attach Tenancy Agreements and Employment Letter along with the application.

to be continued....

nanda
Newly Registered

Post by nanda » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:29 am

Good Job.....! :)

sadafabbas
Newly Registered

problem

Post by sadafabbas » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:19 pm

hey
i have problem to fill online form in pakistan i have
psw visa and according my information i need to fill vaf10 from from ukba website but my problem is i do not about online form which is in visa4uk website and which form is for psw dependent please hep me out
i will be thankfull to you