ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW based on ACCA Part qualification (F1 to F9)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PatelS
Newly Registered

PSW based on ACCA Part qualification (F1 to F9)

Post by PatelS » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:55 am

Hi
I have cleared fundamental modules of the ACCA. but unfortunately I failed Oxford brooks Project. I want to apply for PSW. So I have got bachelor certificate based on fundamental level of ACCA from UK NARIC. Also I have institution letter. And transcript from ACCA confirming I passed all (F1-F9) subjects.I already booked appointment for in person at Cardiff.

Can anyone advice me am i eligible for PSW on translate degree?

Thanks in advanced.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:43 pm

If you don't have the Oxford Brooks BSc degree then all you are left with is a professional/vocational qualification; something that is not accepted according to the PSW guidance:

a) a United Kingdom recognised bachelor’s or postgraduate degree;
b) a United Kingdom Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or
Professional Graduate Diploma of Education (PGDE); or
c) a Higher National Diploma (HND) from a Scottish institution

Naric can't help you; the guidance makes no mention that it will permit other types of qualifications (to those mentioned above) that are approved by Naric as being equivalent to any of the above. Wait for others to clarify or comment on this discussion.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:44 am

PatelS wrote:Hi Everyone

I applied PSW on the based of ACCA part qualification and translate part qualification to the UK Naric and also I present the letter from ACCA confirming Part qualification is equivalent to UK recognised Bachelor degree and met the requirements for maintenance fund but i got refusal saying you are not meeting the requirements for bachelor degree requirement. so i am planning to do appeal pls give me advice in this topic...

Many thanks
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:13 am

You should be looking for alternatives rather than appealing. An appeal is a waste of time.

ashfy
Newly Registered

Post by ashfy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi, is it possible to switch tier 4 again I this situation ???

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:46 am

Switch into Tier 4? The person who posted the original question is already a Tier 4 migrant. If you have a question about your own situation and circumstances then please feel free to start a thread and ask it in clear English.

Sinner

Post by Sinner » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:36 pm

I was reading the policy guidance for PSW and i found some points on which we can apply for PSW based on ACC F1-F9. please correct me if i am wrong.

In policy Guidance point 55 it says ' A United Kingdom recognised body is
an institution which has been granted degree
awarding powers by a Royal Charter'

Therefore, ACCA got Royal Charter.
http://www.business.brookes.ac.uk/under ... harter.pdf

And the base caseworkers make in rejecting the application is, ACCA is a professional qualification.

In policy guidance point 59 it says ' Qualifications that cannot be used for
the award of points include: Professional and vocational qualifications
(unless they are of a type listed in
paragraph 53
); '

Paragraph 53 says ' An applicant can claim 20 points if he/
she has been awarded one of the following
qualifications:
A United Kingdom recognised degree at
Bachelor, Master or PhD level
'

ACCA F1-F9 is equivalent to UK Graduation, which is confirmed by UK NARIC APPROVED BODY FOR UKBA

P.S. Case workers reject the case that ACCA is UK PROFESSIONAL Qualification and excluded from PSW. I have copies of CASES in which people have got VISA based on ACCA.

At first they were rejected based on para 59 but on appeal they were granted visa on the points i have pointed.

Please comment.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Sinner wrote:I have copies of CASES in which people have got VISA based on ACCA.

At first they were rejected based on para 59 but on appeal they were granted visa on the points i have pointed.
Case reference numbers will be helpful ..
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

PatelS
Newly Registered

Post by PatelS » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:20 pm

I got refusal on same ground stating that ACCA qualification is Professional Qualification rather than academic and ACCA qualification does not meet requirement. Should I go for appeal or not please advice me...

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You should be looking for alternatives rather than appealing. An appeal is a waste of time.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:12 pm

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:46 am

On application your chance of getting visa is 50/50... on appeal you have 70-80% of getting it....!! but you would need to look for good solicitor who has dealt with such cases before...!!!

Mou
Newly Registered

Re: PSW based on ACCA Part qualification (F1 to F9)

Post by Mou » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:40 pm

hi mr.patel
i am planning as well by naric.so could you help what to do and give me your valuable advice plz brother.
thank you

PatelS wrote:Hi
I have cleared fundamental modules of the ACCA. but unfortunately I failed Oxford brooks Project. I want to apply for PSW. So I have got bachelor certificate based on fundamental level of ACCA from UK NARIC. Also I have institution letter. And transcript from ACCA confirming I passed all (F1-F9) subjects.I already booked appointment for in person at Cardiff.

Can anyone advice me am i eligible for PSW on translate degree?

Thanks in advanced.

Mou
Newly Registered

Post by Mou » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:45 pm

hi
i am planning to apply psw by naric equivalent certificate.so could u suggest me and send me the case refer (mmshb@yahoo.com)
plz
thank u

Sinner wrote:I was reading the policy guidance for PSW and i found some points on which we can apply for PSW based on ACC F1-F9. please correct me if i am wrong.

And the base caseworkers make in rejecting the application is, ACCA is a professional qualification.

paragraph 53
); '

qualifications:
'

ACCA F1-F9 is equivalent to UK Graduation, which is confirmed by UK NARIC APPROVED BODY FOR UKBA

P.S. Case workers reject the case that ACCA is UK PROFESSIONAL Qualification and excluded from PSW. I have copies of CASES in which people have got VISA based on ACCA.

Please comment.

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:05 pm

Sinner wrote:I was reading the policy guidance for PSW and i found some points on which we can apply for PSW based on ACC F1-F9. please correct me if i am wrong.

paragraph 53
); '

qualifications:
'

Please comment.
Hi can u please forward me the cases at justnoman@hotmail.com Thanks

anosh
Newly Registered

Post by anosh » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:41 pm

hi,
i am also planning to apply for psw...i have applied for bsc-brookes degree and was planning to just apply on its basic once i get my result without the certificate and just mention the situation in cover letter that i have passed but waiting for certifivate to arrive...
but now m thinking to get an equivalent certificate from naric too inorder to support my case...and needed help with that can any one kindly guide me through :roll: ...and also can some one please mail me the case references for preparing cover letter my id is anoshhussain@hotmail.com
thanks

s123
Newly Registered

Post by s123 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:38 am

[quote="anosh"]hi,
i am also planning to apply for psw...i have applied for bsc-brookes degree and was planning to just apply on its basic once i get my result without the certificate and just mention the situation in cover letter that i have passed but waiting for certifivate to arrive...
but now m thinking to get an equivalent certificate from naric too inorder to support my case...and needed help with that can any one kindly guide me through :roll: ...and also can some one please mail me the case references for preparing cover letter my id is anoshhussain@hotmail.com
thanks[/quote

Hi
You can apply psw but get professional help , Apply before scheme closed and then he /she can get result in appeal .now there are many example cases of First tier tribunal . An experienced lawyer can use them in your favour as no one yet is from higher courts

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:05 pm

does anyone won in thier cases or everyone waiting like we are doing or plz send me email if anyone holding any upper tribunal decision because it will help me a lot and my friends

Amch
Newly Registered

Gonna send pre-action notice to ukba next week

Post by Amch » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:06 pm

paragraph 53
); '

qualifications:
'

Please comment.

Can you please email me at least one case copy of such kinda cases? my email id is valiant_heartbreaker@hotmail.co.uk