ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW - General visitor or family visitor

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rose6363

PSW - General visitor or family visitor

Post by Rose6363 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:00 am

Hi all..
I'm on psw visa and I want my parents to visit me for2-3weeks.
I have a confusion between Family visitor visa and General visitor visa.

Pls kindly guide
which visa they should for? General visitor or Family visitor ?
coz on the family visa appli form, it says that "visitor should only fill this form if family member is permanently settled in UK"

Also I will be accommodating them n bear the expenses ...so how much money my statements must show?

Thank you all.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:35 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Rose6363

Post by Rose6363 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:43 am

Thank you vinny

z18runway

Re: PSW - General visitor or family visitor

Post by z18runway » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:23 pm

There is no set amount you must show, but you must keep in mind that you going to bear their air travel, accommodation and other expenses. Calculate yourself.

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:55 pm

That's strange, back in 2010 I was on student visa and I invited my mother and she filled in Family visitor form and she was issued visa without any problems.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:18 pm

therock wrote:That's strange, back in 2010 I was on student visa and I invited my mother and she filled in Family visitor form and she was issued visa without any problems.
The immigration rules have changed since then!

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:57 am

PaperPusher wrote:
therock wrote:That's strange, back in 2010 I was on student visa and I invited my mother and she filled in Family visitor form and she was issued visa without any problems.
The immigration rules have changed since then!
Agreed:and you should try to look at VAF1A(online if available in the country)or VAF1B for General visitor.

Let me explain to you for your quick approach that after the changes in the rules limited permission stay holders dont qualify to invite some one under the category of family visitor.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.