ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

psw holders and working hours limit

Only for UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
KAJI
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:55 pm

psw holders and working hours limit

Post by KAJI » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi,
Can PSW holders work more than 40 hours legally? If so, please can someone paste the link so that i can show to my employer who says that i can not work more than 40 hours. Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru
Posts: 7616
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:30 am
Location: Brasil

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:31 pm

The policy guidance does not mention everything that you can do; only things that you can't do. There is no restriction on the amount of hours or individual jobs that you can take so, obviously, there is nothing in the guidance that mentions a restriction.

sheraz7
Respected Guru
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: UK

Re: psw holders and working hours limit

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:17 pm

KAJI wrote:Hi,
Can PSW holders work more than 40 hours legally? If so, please can someone paste the link so that i can show to my employer who says that i can not work more than 40 hours. Thanks
PSW visa holders can certainly do the fulltime work (any contractual+overtime hours). There is no where you can get a link/guideline that specifically mention the number of hours a psw visa holder can do.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

KAJI
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Re: psw holders and working hours limit

Post by KAJI » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:57 am

sheraz7 wrote:
KAJI wrote:Hi,
Can PSW holders work more than 40 hours legally? If so, please can someone paste the link so that i can show to my employer who says that i can not work more than 40 hours. Thanks
PSW visa holders can certainly do the fulltime work (any contractual+overtime hours). There is no where you can get a link/guideline that specifically mention the number of hours a psw visa holder can do.
Thanks guys but my employer is asking an official proof. so how can i get it. Will solicitor write a letter for me mentioning that i can work more than 40 hours a week? waiting for your quick reply

Lucapooka
Respected Guru
Posts: 7616
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:30 am
Location: Brasil

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:40 am

Yes, I suppose one might, but that would not be official proof, would it?

KAJI
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Post by KAJI » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:07 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Yes, I suppose one might, but that would not be official proof, would it?
so can you please suggest me any other way?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru
Posts: 7616
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:30 am
Location: Brasil

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:19 pm

This is a matter for your employer to find out for themselves using the services provided by the UKBA.

KAJI
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Post by KAJI » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:22 pm

Lucapooka wrote:This is a matter for your employer to find out for themselves using the services provided by the UKBA.
My employer said i cant work more than 40 hours. if i want to work more than 40 hours per week, then i should have some official proof, the manager said.. so i am totally confused.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:47 pm
Location: London

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:53 pm

KAJI wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:This is a matter for your employer to find out for themselves using the services provided by the UKBA.
My employer said i cant work more than 40 hours. if i want to work more than 40 hours per week, then i should have some official proof, the manager said.. so i am totally confused.
See page 40 of the following document.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... alworking/
Certain qualified people and their dependants who meet the requirements of the UK’s immigration rules are granted leave to enter or remain here for a limited period of time without being subject to work conditions.
If you have a BRP your employer can request an online check on the card.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... cking-brp/

Pardoe
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by Pardoe » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:25 pm

you can work for more than 40 from what I know.

nisarmalik
Member
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:47 pm
Location: london

Post by nisarmalik » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:01 am

You are breaking the law if you employ a person who does not have the right to work in the UK. You can be fined up to £10,000 for each illegal worker or face criminal prosecution.
This may be the reason why ur employer is afraid but for this he has to go through what paperpusher has suggest.
There is one more thing that u or ur employer can send a email at UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk and ask them ur r on psw visa so how many hours u can work?
And they will reply by email.

Locked
cron