ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to TIER 2 general or ILR?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

PSW to TIER 2 general or ILR?

Post by oxana777 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:24 pm

I have been studying in UK and now I am on PSW visa. All together I have spend here about 8,5 years. I have now got a british boyfriend, but we are together only for 3 months and I do feel I am falling in love with him. I wanted to switch to Tier 2 general visa, my company wants to sponsor me, however I have checked Codes of Practice, and my job is not on the list. it is banking clerk. I am paid 20300GBP, but job still needs to be on the list. I wanted to get ILR, but again, I don't meet 10 year requirement. So my question is: is there any way to extend my stay in UK somehow? Please don't offer a marriage to my boyfriend as I said we haven't been together for so long to get married, however I do want to stay in a country to try and have a relationship with him and see how it goes. I just don't want to ruin it by marrying him too early. please help with suggestions. is it worths hiring a solicitor?

Bsarbonne
Newly Registered

Re: PSW to TIER 2 general or ILR?

Post by Bsarbonne » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:25 pm

Hi there,
First you may try to get partner's visa, it does not require you and your partner to be married, as long as you live together. You may seek a legal advise from the immigration solicior from Citizens Advise Bureau for free. Under this visa you vwill have right to work.