ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to Tier 4

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

istiyak
Newly Registered

PSW to Tier 4

Post by istiyak » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi everyone
I am on PSW and my visa is expiring on 9 august. I want to do another masters or phd. but problem is most university session is starting on late September. which means I have six weeks gap between my visa expiry date and new course date. I heard that it cant be more then 28 days? Is there any rule for 28 days? can I apply from uk if gap is more then 28 days?? Plz help me!!

shaq1

Re: PSW to Tier 4

Post by shaq1 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:12 am

According to the policy guidance if you want to apply inside UK then the gap between new course start date and your visa expiry date must not be more than 28 days(20 working days). If it's more than that then you have to go back to your home country and apply from there.

khanrajakamran
Newly Registered

Post by khanrajakamran » Thu May 15, 2014 3:48 pm

istiyak wrote:Hi everyone
I am on PSW and my visa is expiring on 9 august. I want to do another masters or phd. but problem is most university session is starting on late September. which means I have six weeks gap between my visa expiry date and new course date. I heard that it cant be more then 28 days? Is there any rule for 28 days? can I apply from uk if gap is more then 28 days?? Plz help me!!

Try one of the following options:

Try a college issuing the University CAS (20 Hours of work will also be allowed)
Public Funded College ( 10 Hours work permission)
Highly Trusted college offering postgraduate Diplomas or Degrees (No work permission)

Most of such institutes will also help you to start your course according to your case situation and will mention the appropriate date on your CAS as well. Also a few universities are starting their semesters in August. Reply me if are unable to find any solution.

james.2013
Newly Registered

Post by james.2013 » Sun May 25, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi khanrajakamran,

one of my friends visa is expiring on june 6(psw), he wants to extend through student visa, is there anything you can help us as he is looking for 20 hours work permit
waiting for your valuable reply.