ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set up business and study full time on a PSW visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jul190
Newly Registered

Set up business and study full time on a PSW visa

Post by jul190 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:20 am

Hello everyone,

I have had my PSW visa since January and have decided that I want to register a business and be self-employed. The thing is I also want to study full-time as this will give me the knowledge i need to boost my business activities.

Is this something that is possible to do; study full time and register a new business as the same time. I am just worried and do not want to be black listed by the home office for any reason and with the new visa rules and the ruthlessness that comes with them, i just want to be 100% sure. I will still study regardless and work as much as I can during this time. Please help!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:06 pm

There is no restriction on study.

jul190
Newly Registered

Post by jul190 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Lucapooka wrote:There is no restriction on study.
Thanks Lucapooka, I am aware of that. i just want to confirm that I can set up now and still go on to study full time. Are there any issues with this that you foresee may pose a problem with home office

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm

If you are aware that these is no restriction, why are you asking if it okay to do something that is not restricted? I realise this may sound flippant (and I apologize for that). The only conditions of your visa are no public funds and that you switch out of this into something else or leave the UK, when it expires.

jul190
Newly Registered

Post by jul190 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Thanks so much for your responses Lucapooka; I know it sounds a bit silly but I just want to be 100% sure before I go ahead and register both a new business and pay the international fees to enroll in full-time education; i think my biggest fear is receiving a random phone call or letter from UKBA forcing me out of the country halfway through my studies or a work project

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Won't happen.

jul190
Newly Registered

Post by jul190 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:29 am

Lucapooka wrote:Won't happen.
Thanks Lucapooka. You've really cleared that up for me. You are very knowledgeable i this area, if you don't mind my asking, are you a solicitor in this field (immigration)? I really appreciate your responses.
Do you know if there any special ways for immigrants register a business or do we just follow the same procedures as citizens?