Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Switching an expired post-study work visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:16 am

Switching an expired post-study work visa

Post by scarfetish » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:55 am

Hi all,

I was a previous owner of a post-study work visa, which expired on September 2013. I applied for it upon my return to my home country and never had the opportunity to go back to the UK and find a job with it. Therefore, it has never been used before expiry.

However, I was recently offered with a job in London, but unfortunately the company cannot sponsor me as they are new and small. They could only employ me if I have a work permit there.

The question: Is there a way to switch an expired post-study work visa to a Tier 1 or Tier 2 visa without being sponsored by a company?

Or do you know any other methods to make this opportunity to become real?

Thanks a lot.


Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Loughborough

Re: Switching an expired post-study work visa

Post by riz1986 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:18 pm

there is no such thing of using ur expired psw visa to convert into Tier 1 or Tier 2 as u hvn't used it.......its actually funny lol if u can meet the requirements of tier 1 or tier 2 u can switch but can't claim any relief on da basis of psw