ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) to 10 Year Long Residency - URGENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samigrad
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (PSW) to 10 Year Long Residency - URGENT

Post by samigrad » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:51 am

Hi,
I have been continuously living lawfully in UK since 28 August 2003 now on Tier 1 (PSW) ending 28 September 2013. I have following questions.

1. Am I eligible to apply for 10 Year Long Residency settlement?

2. Which application form should I need to fill SET(LR) or SET(O)? As the UKBA website states, "Form SET(O) is for Tier 1 or Tier 2 of the points-based system (excluding the Post-study work category of Tier 1)"
Link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tiontypes/

I'll be immensely grateful for a sincere and quick advice. Thank you!

Warm regards,
Samigrad

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:03 am

See also Long residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:48 am

samigrad wrote:I have a very difficult case scenario. I have lived for 10 years in UK lawfully continuously and going to apply for Long Residency before my PSW ends.

Problem:
I filled my Tier 4 (General) Student visa extension application on 24 August 2010 that was rejected as invalid on 22 sep. 2010 as I forgot to sign application form. My original application fee was retained and not returned. I signed the application form and sent it back to home office on 28th sep. 2010 along with the Blue Lable provided by UKBA with returned application that had Case Reference Number and a Return Address different to the postal address written on application form.

My application was again sent back on 22 Oct. 2010 rejected as invalid due to Old Application Form Version as application forms were changed. My fee was still retained and I was again provided with the smiler Blue Lable with Case Reference Number & Return Address. I refilled the New Application form and attached New Visa fee as postal order and sent it back to the address provided on Blue Lable on 9th Dec. 2010. My revised fee (postal orders) were returned mentioning "2nd Fee not required as fee for application was already paid (August 2010)" along came my Residence Permit extended on 12 January 2011.

So how will these gap periods be covered? especially the second attempt took more than 28 days before I returned new application form. Am I still eligible for Long Residency? Please reply as I must submit my application within few days. Thank you!

Warm regards,
Samigrad
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.