ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 PSW TO DEPENDANT TIER 4 STUDENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cybel09
Newly Registered

TIER 2 PSW TO DEPENDANT TIER 4 STUDENT

Post by cybel09 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Hello experts, i am currently on a Tier 2 psw which runs out in November '13 and my wife and son are my dependants. My wife is starting studies here and intends to go back with my son to my home country to make an application Begining of August, i was wondering if its safe to apply same time with her considering i will still have about 4 months left on my PSW, Secondly assuming i cant make an application in August with her and decide to file my own papers as her dependant in November, must i return to my home country or can i make application in-country. Pls i look forward to advise from you experts. Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:08 pm

In that case both will need to apply outside the country if that plan. However, If you wish you can switch to tier 4 student within the country. But remember only higher education institute such as university students can bring dependents.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

cybel09
Newly Registered

Post by cybel09 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Hi sheraz,
Thanks very much for your response, if i understand you it means that its not a problem if i decide to apply with them in August in my home country despite my PSW expiring in November or i can wait for them to come back before filling my own application as her dependant in-country.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:25 pm

It is entirely up to your individual situation because for student dependent you will certainly need to apply outside the country and if your current dependent willing to switch to tier 4 then she also need to apply outside the country. Yes you can stay till your current visa expiry + 28 days without becoming overstayer until the time they might arrive back.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS