ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transitioanal Arrangements

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

visa_help
Newly Registered

Transitioanal Arrangements

Post by visa_help » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi,

I am currently in IGS and working fulltime. My visa ends on 1st week of November. I will qualify for Tier 1 (General) when i receive my last month salary. But I dont want to take risk by applying Tier 1 (General). I am planning to extend my current visa under transitional arrangements.

How many days before i can apply for extension? Can I apply 60 days before or there any specific number of days in new rule? Do i still have to send my degree certificate along with application or is it ok if i just send my passport with maintenance fund proof?

Thanks

rubensolo
Newly Registered

visa help

Post by rubensolo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:53 am

I believe you can apply at anytime but I will suggest you apply at least 2 months before your visa expired. I am under the same circunstances, my visa expires october but I have just sent my application for an extension. We automatically obtain the 75 points but I have enclosed my degree certificate and a letter from my university confirming the degree taught, english requirement and time of study, and also a letter from my employer confirming I have been offered full time employment. I sent my application yesterday and the £400 has just been deducted today. Good luck

visa_help
Newly Registered

Post by visa_help » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:53 pm

Thanks. I would then send my application in first week of September. Can you please reply when you get your visa, so that me and others can have rough timescales of processing