ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help for FLR(O) withdrawal

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jack_7
Newly Registered

Urgent Help for FLR(O) withdrawal

Post by jack_7 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi,

I am currently staying in UK under post study work(PSW) visa, It will expire on 4/2/2014. But I have received a potential interview call (assessment centre) on 7/4/2014. I must attend this interview, but I should avoid the overstay. The only option in-front me is to apply for FLR(O) and withdraw the application to avoid rejection of a visa application(Chances of getting FLRO is nil is what I have been advised).But today I got an information even if I withdrew the application, it will be considered as overstay. Is that true? I am getting confused and worried in this situation. Certain facts I will list down in my case
1. The company cannot make the interview before
2. It is a potential opportunity for me.
3. I wish not to do anything illegal or any bad reputation, because I wish to come back to UK based on a spouse visa if I am unsuccessful for the interview.(due to this reason I am thinking to withdraw the FLR(O) application to avoid visa rejection history ).

Please help me in this situation with your valuable advice.

Thanks-in-advance for any help

Kind regards

Jack

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Re: Urgent Help for FLR(O) withdrawal

Post by Choc-Ice » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Well at the moment, application turn around time is quicker than last year and it's most certain your FLR-O will be decided within 3-8weeks! I have seen FLR-O timelines on here which are pretty quick! You don't want to have a rejection on your passport which will affect your future applications..So my advise will be to think twice!

Most probably if you withdraw before its decided, then you'll be most classed as been an overstayer when you apply for visa outside the country. You can however write a note to explain to the ECO the situation. GOODLUCK
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!