ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA QUESTION - What to do after my PSW visa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

catch22
Newly Registered

VISA QUESTION - What to do after my PSW visa?

Post by catch22 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:45 pm

HELP ME... please

This issue might or probably has come up before but I'm in a situation where my PSW visa is coming to an end soon (Jan 2014) and I'm not sure where to go after this ends...

So I've been in the UK for about 6 years now. Done my degree here and started working right after I've graduated and still currently working as a full time employee in a company.

I've been trying to find which visa I could apply to next to extend my stay... and it seems impossible to get another visa unless there's an employer that has a sponsorship license aka Tier 2 General visa.
Well where I'm working at currently, they don't have a license to sponsor and they have looked into it but I guess it'd cost them a lot to have one.

IS THERE ANY WAY AROUND THIS?!
I think it's kind of dumb that it's semi impossible to stay here even though I've paid loads of money to the university here for being a foreigner and I have a job and been working for 2 years / paying tax here !!

Can anyone help ? or is the obvious answer would be that I need a sponsored employer to stay here or get married...

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:57 pm

My subjective take on your predicament is that it is not dumb to prohibit the automatic right of settlement for temporary migrants in the UK simply because they were sufficiently wealthy to complete their higher education there and have now been given the opportunity to gain some work experience (as what?). There are measures in place that will allow you to stay and eventually settle but you have to meet those requirements and, perhaps rightly, not everyone can or will make the grade. But, you now have a first class education and you can take those skills and use them in any location in the world. If you can't find a T2 sponsor, you can look at starting your own business under Tier 1 (Ent). Those are generous opportunities for skilled and talented migrants who wish to live (inc. their family) in a mature welfare state with advanced infrastructures, and enjoy all of the inherent benefits that come with that privilege. They will not necessarily suit everyone but that's how it is.

surfercro
Newly Registered

Re: VISA QUESTION - What to do after my PSW visa?

Post by surfercro » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:29 pm

catch22 wrote:HELP ME... please

This issue might or probably has come up before but I'm in a situation where my PSW visa is coming to an end soon (Jan 2014) and I'm not sure where to go after this ends...

So I've been in the UK for about 6 years now. Done my degree here and started working right after I've graduated and still currently working as a full time employee in a company.

I've been trying to find which visa I could apply to next to extend my stay... and it seems impossible to get another visa unless there's an employer that has a sponsorship license aka Tier 2 General visa.
Well where I'm working at currently, they don't have a license to sponsor and they have looked into it but I guess it'd cost them a lot to have one.

IS THERE ANY WAY AROUND THIS?!
I think it's kind of dumb that it's semi impossible to stay here even though I've paid loads of money to the university here for being a foreigner and I have a job and been working for 2 years / paying tax here !!

Can anyone help ? or is the obvious answer would be that I need a sponsored employer to stay here or get married...
I understand your frustration. The immigration rules have tightened really a lot, less occupations can be sponsored, and on higher pay.

The solution is obvious, but the truth is most companies won't sponsor you. Even if registered, it's a hassle etc. The list of sponsors is not of help,
most companies will never sponsor graduates.

Your best bet is a big company which can support this. But there you will have like 100 for 1 spot.

Or other visas as Lucapooka said.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Re: VISA QUESTION - What to do after my PSW visa?

Post by oxana777 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:01 pm

Hi! so how did you solve that problem? My PSW is expiring soon, my company wants to sponsor me and have a licence, but my job level is not at NVQ6 as required. so I am in a bad situation too ;(