ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional IHS fee

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elliele01
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Additional IHS fee

Post by elliele01 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:28 pm

Hi all,

I am requested to pay additional IHS fee by 11th of April.
Because my visa is granted for 5 years and I paid for three years.
However, there was an error.
My sponsor applied for a cos (5 years) for me at the beginning, but my contract with them is three years.
They submitted a note via SMS to correct this issue before I filed my application, but I am still asked to pay more. 
I've tried to contact all the phone numbers and email addresses listed, but there is still no answer and I am requested to make this payment by 11/4.

Could anyone advise me the next step please?
Should I pay the additional fee and ask them to refund, or can I just waif for it since I've sent them emails?

Many Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Additional IHS fee

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:14 pm

They should have withdrawn the cos and assigned a new 3 year one.

A visa is granted based on the cos length.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:29 pm

elliele01 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:28 pm
My sponsor applied for a cos (5 years) for me at the beginning, but my contract with them is three years.
They submitted a note via SMS to correct this issue before I filed my application
Sponsor notes are only for minor changes and reducing the length of assignment from 5 to 3 years is not a minor change although the HO can exercise discretion. As CR001 said, your sponsor should have withdrawn the 5 year CoS and assigned a new 3 year CoS before you submitted your visa application. .

To check, ask your sponsor for a copy of the assigned CoS which they can download from the SMS. If the work period is 5 years there is nothing that can be done short of re-starting the whole process including your visa application.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

elliele01
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by elliele01 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:01 pm

elliele01 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:28 pm
Hi all,

I am requested to pay additional IHS fee by 11th of April.
Because my visa is granted for 5 years and I paid for three years.
However, there was an error.
My sponsor applied for a cos (5 years) for me at the beginning, but changed it to three years.
They submitted a note via SMS to correct this issue before I filed my application, but I am still asked to pay more. 
I've tried to contact all the phone numbers and email addresses listed, but there is still no answer and I am requested to make this payment by 11/4.

Could anyone advise me the next step please?
Should I pay the additional fee and ask them to refund, or can I just waif for it since I've sent them emails?

Many Thanks!