ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apprenticeship Visa for Non EU students

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ak_akhan
Newly Registered

Apprenticeship Visa for Non EU students

Post by ak_akhan » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:40 pm

Hi,
Currently i am on Tier 4 visa.
I was offered the an apprenticeship and TIER 2 sponsorship, if i meet the 70 points requirements. A total of 70 points are required to be eligible for TIER 2 visa as per gov.uk website.

I thought i am meeting the 70 points score as below:
1: 20 Points for job/apprenticeship offer by sponsor
2: 20 points for job at appropriate skill level
3: 10 points for speaking english at appropriate level
4: 20 points for job in shortage occupation as designated by Migration advisory Committee (My apprenticeship was in Clinical Engineering which is shortage occupation)
I received an email from trust saying, that although my job is in Shortage occupation, but my salary £10000/year doesn't fulfill the criteria.

Will appreciate your guidance on:
1: My thinking was, that if your job is in shortage occupation, salary doesn't count and you get 20 points ?
2: Do i have any other options, where i can switch my current visa to a different one, and become eligible for apprenticeship ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Apprenticeship Visa for Non EU students

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:49 pm

For start,there is no tier 2 visa route anymore. It is now called a Skilled Worker visa.

1. There is a minimum salary that has to be met to be sponsored, roughly around £25000,regardless of shortage occupation or not.

2. Have you looked into the new graduate visa you can get if you have completed your studies?

Also, who are you asking for as your previous posts stated you have British citizenship.

You were asked already in 2018 to state if you are asking for someone else when you asked about switching to tier 2 general from a visitor visa while in the uk!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ak_akhan
Newly Registered

Post by ak_akhan » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:57 pm

Thanks for your reply. Apologies, i should have mentioned that i am asking for a family friend.
I have explored the graduate visa scheme as well, but unfortunately i am eligible for 2 year visa and my Apprenticeship is of three years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:01 pm

No other work around then if you don't meet the skilled worker visa requirements.

There is no such visa as "apprenticeship visa"
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.