ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are there any chances that my Tier 2 ICT employer can find out that I left the UK?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mmssaa
India

Are there any chances that my Tier 2 ICT employer can find out that I left the UK?

Post by mmssaa » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:20 pm

Hi there,

My last date with my current ICT Tier 2 employer is the 27th of July.
I am planning to leave the UK on the 19th of July. Since I am working from home, I have the laptop and I am planning to continue to work for my current employer outside the UK but without his knowledge that I left the UK till the 27th of July.
My current employer said that he will inform the home office that I am no longer his employee after my last date of employment, which is the 27th of July.

1) Are there any chances for the home office to inform my current employer that I have already left the UK?
2) Are there any chances that my Tier 2 ICT employer can find out from the home office that I have left the UK already?

Many thanks in advance.

SKJ1984
India

Re: Are there any chances that my Tier 2 ICT employer can find out that I left the UK?

Post by SKJ1984 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:10 am

This is not a visa or immigration question. :-) Still I am tempted to answer.

You can travel to home country multiple times in your visa period, So home office does not keep track of it neither they inform the employer. Other way round , employer does not inform either.
Since your last day is decided by your employer as 27-July. They will inform only after that date to cancel your visa. If your visa is getting expired by 27 or close to that, even that does not happen usually.

Usually employer pays for return travel. If they decide it as 27th you will get tickets only on or after that date, unless you are booking it.

mmssaa
India

Re: Are there any chances that my Tier 2 ICT employer can find out that I left the UK?

Post by mmssaa » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:46 pm

Thank you for the response, that helps. Cheers.

Nice signature btw.