ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum relatives could ruin Tier 2 General?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SkilledWorker13
Newly Registered
Mood:

Asylum relatives could ruin Tier 2 General?

Post by SkilledWorker13 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:39 am

Hi everyone,
I have been offered a permanent job and I am about to apply for a Tier 2 General visa.

The problem is, I am a little bit worried about my wife visa or even mine to be refused because my brother-in-law (my wife’s brother) has claimed asylum. He has not yet received ILR and on a temporary visa and according to Tier 2 Visa application form, I should tell UKVI about our relative.

My employer is a giant multi-national company and has offered a great package far above the minimum requirement of Tier 2 visa. Worth to add, I have all the documents ready.

Should we put a cover letter on our application giving guarantee that we won’t claim asylum in UK?
Is there anything we can do about it? Or our relative case won’t affect ours so it’s pointless to be worried.

Can anyone please help me on this?

I do really appreciate any comments, opinions and advise on this.

(We are already in the process of Canadian PR too and received nomination, and I am expecting it to be finished by the end of Sep. 2020 if that could help us convincing UKVI)