ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born in UK to tier 2 parent visa guide

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fredo182
Newly Registered
Philippines

How to apply for tier 2 Dependent visa for baby born in UK.

Post by fredo182 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:54 am

Hello friends,

I need help on how to apply for dependent visa for our new born baby. I currently hold a tier 2 visa and my wife is my dependent. What form do I need to form, where can I find it and where to submit. I've searched the web and the gov.uk and its really confusing. Please can anybody give a link or guide. Thank you so much in advance.

vinny

Re: How to apply for tier 2 Dependent visa for baby born in UK.

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:49 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fredo182
Newly Registered
Philippines

Baby born in UK to tier 2 parent visa guide

Post by fredo182 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:47 pm

Hello,

I seeking help on the step by step guideline on how to apply a dependent visa for my baby born here in the UK to tier 2 parents. Please if anyone has gone thru it can you share your knowledge. Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Baby born in UK to tier 2 parent visa guide

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:52 pm

Did you not read the link that vinny provided last year when you asked the same question??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fredo182
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by fredo182 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:22 pm

I have read the same thing and it is very broad. It's not clear what form to fill up and the step on how to do it. That's why I'm seeking a specific way to do it. Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:39 am

The link clearly gives the link to the online application form for dependents applying on their own.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fredo182
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by fredo182 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:56 pm

Thank you for your reply. I dont know if it's just me or the one on the gov.uk is really confusing. It is stated that dependents can apply visa in the uk on their own so clearly my baby cant use that route. The bottom part states "If you have children while you’re in the UK, you can apply for permission for them to stay.You must do this if you want to travel in and out of the UK with your child. When you apply you must send a full UK birth certificate showing the names of both of your child’s parents" but doesn't answer the question on how to apply visa for them. My question is where is the link that will lead me to the application form for dependent visa for my baby.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:59 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

fredo182
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by fredo182 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:57 am

Thanks for your response friends. One more question, I will be due to extend my visa this October, and my son still got no visa. Is it possible to add a new dependent on the time of my application for extension for my tier 2? if so, do you guys know the process? Many thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:43 am

Yes. Just include child with your application.