ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Not Arrived for Tier 2 Visa Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Suymn
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

BRP Not Arrived for Tier 2 Visa Extension

Post by Suymn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi Team,

I am in a situation where my BRP hasn't arrived almost 2 months. I was switching employers, and applied through a solicitor tier 2 visa extension sponsored by my new company. The tier 2 application was successful and received an acknowledgment letter on December 03. However the BRP has not arrived till now, the lawyer made a request to check with the BRP Team and the status is that my brp is awaiting national insurance number to be printed and hence the delay.

After resigning my last working day with my current employer was on 4th of Jan 2019, haven't received the curtailment of leave letter yet.

My joining date with my new employer was on 7th of jan 2019, but the brp hasn't arrived, the new employer is a big giant and is not ready to onboard me until the RTW is completed and hence they are going on changing the Start Date weekly awaiting until the brp arrives.

in such a scenario, where Joining date cannot be extended beyond 28days as per new rules, in my case at maximum they can change the start date until Feb 4 2018, beyond which if the brp does not arrive, they have to re-apply again with a new cos.

With hardly two weeks of time remaining until 28 days is reached, Kindly advise what best can be done just in case if the brp arrives after 28 days.( before 4th of feb 4 ).

Though my lawyer is already following up with brp team, can I also separately ask for my brp update from them. Will making multiple requests to HO about brp have an impact of anykind ?

kIndly advise what happens and what needs to be done legally if brp does not arrive within 28 days.Will the new brp which comes after 28 days will still be valid or do I have apply for new one again ?

How much time will I have to re-apply after my last working date of 4 th of Jan 2019.

Prompt advise will be much appreciated !

Many thanks

Kind Regards
SY

wishiwereabird
Newly Registered

Re: BRP Not Arrived for Tier 2 Visa Extension

Post by wishiwereabird » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:51 am

Last year around October I was waiting for my BRP (T2 replacement) for a while for the same reason (NI number verification with the Department of Work and Pensions). if you contact BRP team seperately I would think it wouldn't make any difference they'll just say they are waiting for approval from other department and sorry for the delay but it doens't hurt to chase them I think...

However I started working for my employer before I picked up my BRP from post office (that was an application outside of the UK so BRP was delivered to a designated PO). I guess you have received a letter from HO saying your application is successful, it's strange that your employer isn't able to take you onboard..

This awful efficiency of HO is concerning me too, as I'm in the process of switching employer and have been waiting for my uCOS for over a month now. and I think the safest time for me to resign is when I received my new BRP. If the entire process is taking this long I am worried that the new employer will withdraw the offer...

Imreev
Newly Registered
India

Post by Imreev » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:02 pm

Something similar happened to me as well..
Only difference was it was not a T2 gen extension application. I have applied from home country and had a stamped visa for a month to show to my employer.. My BRP card was delayed for the same reason and it took about 3 weeks to receive BRP card which should have been available in about 1 weeks time.

If your new employer is sponsoring your visa, i kind of fail to understand why they are waiting for the BRP card to onboard.. When they can directly see the status of your application as approved.

ukt2querys
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by ukt2querys » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:07 pm

Almost exactly the same situation 5 months later. This new rule of NI numbers being printed behind the BRP card is creating a lot of delays. Apparently a huge number of BRP cards are getting delayed due to this and putting peoples lives on hold.
How come they are not doing anything to address this issue ? Really strange

It has been 2 months for me as well since the approval letter arrived. Shocking. I cannot visit my family and stuck indefinitely. The message I get from the BRP NINO team is that we do not know how long it will take and it is with a third party. NINO verification takes time.
The DWP are not aware of this if you call them. The HMRC are not aware of this. The Home office say they cannot give any timelines.
We are helpless and stuck. Just praying that this is resolved soon.

@Suymn what happened to the BRP finally ? When did you get it ?

aditya_Ran
Newly Registered
India

Post by aditya_Ran » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Hi ,

I got my approval letter on 29th April 2019 .And the NINO verification is still outstanding and HO says DWP is slow.I just hope it arrives soon.Anything that can be done to get it sooner?
Interestingly a couple of my colleagues enrolled for biometrics in May first week and have received the BRP.All cases including mine are tier 2 ICT in-country extension

pratiekk72
Newly Registered
India

Post by pratiekk72 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:28 am

Hello

I am facing same issue. It's been 1.5 months since decision letter came.
Has someone above mentioned received their BRPs? If yes, then in how much time after the decision letter?

Thanks!

Waleukvi
Newly Registered
India

Post by Waleukvi » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Hello

I received my letter dated 25th Sept.
1st time tier 2 gen with 1 month vignette.
Anyone in same situation.
I've made an enquiry on ukgov

Anjali7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Anjali7 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:08 pm

pratiekk72 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:28 am
Hello

I am facing same issue. It's been 1.5 months since decision letter came.
Has someone above mentioned received their BRPs? If yes, then in how much time after the decision letter?

Thanks!
Hi

Have u received ur brp? If yes wen did u get it. Expecting for response. Thanks