ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP received but not PASSPORT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bkt
Newly Registered
Pakistan

BRP received but not PASSPORT

Post by Bkt » Thu May 03, 2018 10:04 am

BRP received after tier 2 extension(standard) on 26 April 2018. Now its 5th working day and we are waiting for the passport. Although previous experiences in this forum about the timelines show that passport and other documents are received earlier than the BRP. But in our case BRP received but passport is still pending. We have to leave country on 13 May 2018, which seems very frustrating, as Home offiice rep says that we have to wait till 10 working days and then enquire.it will destroy our plans if we wait 10 working days and then it will also take time for HO to do the action.
Any advice for urgent retrival of passport please...

4uvak

Re: BRP received but not PASSPORT

Post by 4uvak » Thu May 03, 2018 7:14 pm

I doubt there will be any advice on this. 10 days are 10 days. Either "play the lottery" and hope it will arrive in time or change the flight dates - depending on which option will be chaper for you.

Bkt
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Bkt » Tue May 08, 2018 3:36 pm

12 days passed (7 working days)...still waiting for passport and other documents after BRP

mmj83
Newly Registered
India

Post by mmj83 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:47 am

I am facing the same issue. Its been nearly 14 working days since I received my BRP card. I have contacted the call centre and they cant really do anything. They advised me to contact Home Office by post. Have you received your passport now.??

samaraw29
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by samaraw29 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:39 am

Is everyone still waiting for their documents?? I received my BRP on the 20th June but I still haven't received my approval letter and supporting docs and it's been 18 working days! I've filled in the request to return my docs multiple times online but have yet to receive a response. They quote it can take up to 10 working days but I'm clearly passed that now.

ssunny
Newly Registered

Post by ssunny » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:11 am

Hi,

When did you guys receive the passport finally? I am in the same situation. Received the the BRP last Wednesday but still awaiting return of passport. I always knew 8 weeks as the processing time for the application and I am completing 10 weeks today. Is there a separate 10 day waiting for the passport after we receive the BRP? Thanks.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:07 pm

Hello,

I hope this may helps you one of my friend was in same situation like you he sent a covering letter to the following address where he received passport the next working day. (Please note the application is with in UK)

UKVI
PO Box 3468
Sheffield, UK
S3 8WA

faizan615
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faizan615 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:29 am

I am facing exactly the same problem. I received my BRP on 15th October but didn't receive my submitted passports. Would you please mention whether you got your passport in the end? If yes, how many days it took for you to receive the passports after receiving the BRP.

ajg
Newly Registered
India

Post by ajg » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:16 am

Bkt wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:04 am
BRP received after tier 2 extension(standard) on 26 April 2018. Now its 5th working day and we are waiting for the passport. Although previous experiences in this forum about the timelines show that passport and other documents are received earlier than the BRP. But in our case BRP received but passport is still pending. We have to leave country on 13 May 2018, which seems very frustrating, as Home offiice rep says that we have to wait till 10 working days and then enquire.it will destroy our plans if we wait 10 working days and then it will also take time for HO to do the action.
Any advice for urgent retrival of passport please...
Hi Im in the same situation
when did you finally receive your passport ?

gre69
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by gre69 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:13 pm

My situation is somewhat different. My application to convert from a Tier 4 to a Tier 2 was refused. I however have leave to remain on my BRP till February 2020. However, neither my BRP nor Passport was returned although the letter indicated it was being returned to me. Can anyone guide me on what next to do?

Kdr28
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kdr28 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:19 pm

samaraw29 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:39 am
Is everyone still waiting for their documents?? I received my BRP on the 20th June but I still haven't received my approval letter and supporting docs and it's been 18 working days! I've filled in the request to return my docs multiple times online but have yet to receive a response. They quote it can take up to 10 working days but I'm clearly passed that now.
Hi When did you guys finally receive the passport and did you have to do anything to get it.
I am in a similar situation.
2 weeks down the line from having received
My BRP but no passport yet.

Narmin
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Narmin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:22 pm

Hi everyone.
Did anyone manage to solve his problem?
I have the same issue-received BRP on 20 November 2018 and still no passport. I sent a cover letter to the address in Sheffield, but there is not any answer yet. I called the home office and every time they tell a different thing.

sow
Newly Registered
India

Post by sow » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I am facing the same problem. My Tier 2 General visa was granted on 19th December 2018. I have received my BRP and other documents except for my passport. My solicitors advise me that I cannot start working until I have my passport in hand even though I have my BRP. Can anyone please suggest a successful procedure to receive the passport.

Thanks,
sow

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:08 pm

sow wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:12 pm
Hi everyone,

I am facing the same problem. My Tier 2 General visa was granted on 19th December 2018. I have received my BRP and other documents except for my passport. My solicitors advise me that I cannot start working until I have my passport in hand even though I have my BRP. Can anyone please suggest a successful procedure to receive the passport.

Thanks,
sow
Hi Sow,

I am also on same boats, I received my supporting documents (3/1/2018) and BRP (4/1/2018) but not the passport. My 1st VISA application was refused and second was successful.

But you are allowed to start work for your employer even if you didn't receive passport. I contacted UKVI helpline(before my BRP received) and they advised me that I can start work for employer as soon as the BRP is received. But note that you can only start work from the date mentioned on your Certificate of Sponsorship not before.

sow
Newly Registered
India

Post by sow » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 am

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you so much for your reply. My company solicitors have strictly advised to provide the passport as part of right to work. I have tried passing the same message but they are not ready to start until I get my passport.

Could you advise me the steps you took to return your passport document? I have ready all the posts but none of them replied when they got their passport. Have you got any idea how long it may take?

Thanks in advance,
Sow

sow
Newly Registered
India

Post by sow » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to inform you all that I have received my passport today( 08/01/2019 ).

Thanks,
Sow

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:26 am

Hi Sow, Thanks for letting us know that you received your passport. Did you contact UKVI for return of passport?

I am still waiting for my passport.

madhurmaalya
Newly Registered

Post by madhurmaalya » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:06 pm

I am in the same position.

Can someone help me.

I have received my brp last week but haven't received my passport yet.

I contacted the solicitor who did my application and they said they will contact home office.

When they contacted, Home office said we have sent passport already but if it hasn't reached so we will track it.

Is this something happened with anyone else?

Please do reply as i am really worried.

Madhur

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:48 pm

madhurmaalya wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:06 pm
I am in the same position.

Can someone help me.

I have received my brp last week but haven't received my passport yet.

I contacted the solicitor who did my application and they said they will contact home office.

When they contacted, Home office said we have sent passport already but if it hasn't reached so we will track it.

Is this something happened with anyone else?

Please do reply as i am really worried.

Madhur
They sent my passport back using Royalmail Signedfor Service. If nobody is at home they might not deliver it, check if they left any missed-delivery card.

When did you receive decision on your application? It normally need 10 working days for passport to be returned back.

madhurmaalya
Newly Registered

Post by madhurmaalya » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:08 pm

You wont believe on what has happened.

HO has sent my passport before my decision, I received my successful decision last week on Tuesday and BRP on Wednesday.

UPS has not delivered it to where it was supposed to. And it's been 10 days, now investigation has started to track the parcel. UPS really? I am so so frustrated.

momibarbs
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by momibarbs » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:56 pm

hi. im also waiting for our passports. did not receive any decision letter just the BRP last feb.6,2019. does anyone know how to chase the home office? i’ve called today they said to send a letter to the case worker, i dont have one since i havent receive any decision letter. please help.

manosid
Newly Registered

Post by manosid » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:31 pm

Hi,

I am in the same situation.
I received my BRP in post on 26.02.19 and yet waiting for passport and original documents to be returned back.

Can anyone confirm after how many days did you receive your passport back ?

jessanrayla
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by jessanrayla » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:45 pm

Hi,

We are also in the same situation.
My wife and I received our BRP in post last 15.01.19 and we already sent a letter by post to the home office. Until now we didn't received any feedback or advised. I hope someone can post here for any possible solution. Its already almost 2 months since we received our BRP.

Thank you so much

szmkhan
Newly Registered

Post by szmkhan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:27 pm

I am facing the same issue. My previous application tier 2 extension was refused, which I made in May 2017, refusal decision received in September 2018,after administrative review turned down I mad a new application which was approved on 23rd January 2019, I have received all document and BRP expect my passport within a week.
kindly advise why HO is holding my passport please...
regards
SZMKHAN

Love01012009
Newly Registered

Post by Love01012009 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi anyone’s have any updates I am in the same Situation I received my pr and all documents but no passport