Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for dependent visa

Only for UK Tier 2 (Employer Sponsored) points system Tier 2

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Post Reply
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 pm

Can I apply for dependent visa

Post by drfriend » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:07 pm

My wife has got a job in the UK and received her COS and will be applying for her Tier 2 General visa. I too have secured a job but haven't got my COS. She doesn't want to travel to UK alone. So can I accompany her as a dependent and later when I get the COS apply for a Tier 2 General visa for myself?

User avatar
Posts: 50706
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
South Africa

Re: Can I apply for dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Yes you can, but to apply for your own tier 2 visa later, you have to apply from home country, you cannot switch within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Post Reply