ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of gross salary after COS assigmnent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chattean
India

Change of employment

Post by chattean » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Hello All,
I am a new joiner to the site. I have few queries regarding tier2 general visa- change of employment:
My current situation: Tier 2 general VISA with dependants from Apr 2016 to Mar 2019
Scenario: Change of employment with new unrestricted COS

1) Is the process of application similar of extension, basically pretty simple?
2) Do I need maintenance of funds from new employer?
3) Do I need to get do the naric certificate for degree taught in English proof?
4) Do I need to apply for my dependant as well now or can they wait till current visa expiry

Thanks

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Change of employment

Post by UKLL » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:39 pm

chattean wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:29 pm
Hello All,
I am a new joiner to the site. I have few queries regarding tier2 general visa- change of employment:
My current situation: Tier 2 general VISA with dependants from Apr 2016 to Mar 2019
Scenario: Change of employment with new unrestricted COS

1) Is the process of application similar of extension, basically pretty simple?
Yes, but the employer needs to undertake Resident Labour Market Test, if not short occupancy

2) Do I need maintenance of funds from new employer?
No

3) Do I need to get do the naric certificate for degree taught in English proof?
No

4) Do I need to apply for my dependant as well now or can they wait till current visa expiry
I don't know

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:42 pm

4. You do not have to apply for your dependents at the same time as you. They can apply for an extension at anytime before their current visas expire.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chattean
India

Post by chattean » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:16 pm

Hell All,
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Furthermore I have few more queries.
My new employer has assigned me a COS today but
1) "Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter the UK during the period of approval?" option is marked as Y, I am not sure why (may be a mistake).
Since I am not having any intention to travel during the approval anyway, will this have any impact on the application?
Can they amend the COS to say no or add in sponsor notes?

2) In the give details for labour market test section, I do not see any reference number of the job ads posted..I think my employer might missed to put them and just add the ad details.
Can then add the reference of ads in sponsor notes or amend COS?
Will this have any impact on the application?

Thanks

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:46 pm

chattean wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:16 pm
Hell All,
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Furthermore I have few more queries.
My new employer has assigned me a COS today but
1) "Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter the UK during the period of approval?" option is marked as Y, I am not sure why (may be a mistake).
Since I am not having any intention to travel during the approval anyway, will this have any impact on the application?
Can they amend the COS to say no or add in sponsor notes?
It should be "NO"; they can't amend the CoS but can add sponsor notes

2) In the give details for labour market test section, I do not see any reference number of the job ads posted..I think my employer might missed to put them and just add the ad details.
Can then add the reference of ads in sponsor notes or amend COS?
Will this have any impact on the application?
They must add all the information that's required and yes this will significantly impact on the application outcome!

Thanks

amit2453
Mood:
India

Post by amit2453 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:40 pm

I have seen some cos for reference where they just mentioned where job posted and no much detail and they got successfully. So either it depends on case worker so they may refer if it is already provided as part of additional documents.

amit2453
Mood:
India

Post by amit2453 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Look at this attachment. This person got visa successfully. And to mention, no cos note.
Attachments
cos.jpg
cos.jpg (12.56 KiB) Viewed 1709 times

chattean
India

Post by chattean » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:09 pm

Hi,
Thanks again. Just to clarify, so the employer can add the job and reference as well in sponsor notes if they can't amend it? Hopefully that should be alright then?

Thanks

amit2453
Mood:
India

Post by amit2453 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:33 pm

Not sure how much this matters after findajob introduced. In findajob all job except nhs jobs are expired and deleted after 1 month. So even that reference number doesn't matter because no one can search and refer that job. Home office has no special rights to check expired/deleted jobs. I checked this with job centre.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:46 pm

amit2453 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:33 pm
Not sure how much this matters after findajob introduced. In findajob all job except nhs jobs are expired and deleted after 1 month. So even that reference number doesn't matter because no one can search and refer that job. Home office has no special rights to check expired/deleted jobs. I checked this with job centre.
That's why you need to provide details in the CoS and have a screenshot of the job advert. Home Office can refuse the application and say no you have not done it properly as you could not provide any evidence!

chattean
India

Post by chattean » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:54 am

My original query remains open, can they add the job ad reference in sponsor if they cannt amend the cos?
Will that be enough?

chattean
India

Post by chattean » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:42 am

Hi All,
Any answers about adding job ad reference in COS sponsor notes post assignment? Will that be enough?

chattean
India

Change of gross salary after COS assigmnent

Post by chattean » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi Team,
I am currently in UK on Tier2 general visa. I have recently received an unrestricted COS from a potential new employer and I want to proceed with visa application. I have following questions:

1) They have added the details about the job ad (RLMT) in COS but without any reference number. When I checked with them, they mentioned that reference number is optional in job portal but they have the screenshot of the ad posted (which is expired now). Is this acceptable by UKBA?

2) Also the salary they have mentioned in the COS has changed (increased by 10%). Can they add the changes in sponsor notes?

I am a bit worried that the application should not be wasted, so want to make sure prior to application.
Please help.

Thanks

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Re: Change of gross salary after COS assigmnent

Post by rubyracer2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Without RLMT reference number on the CoS, the application will get rejected. I know because mine got refused on that basis last year.

amit2453
Mood:
India

Post by amit2453 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:26 am

It is ok to add on sponsor note. FYI I got my visa approved and in my CoS also they only mentioned where ad was placed.

chattean
India

Post by chattean » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:33 am

any answers on the gross salary changes in COS, can that be added in sponsor note?

Sosi
Newly Registered

Post by Sosi » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:37 am

UKLL wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:46 pm
amit2453 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:33 pm
That's why you need to provide details in the CoS and have a screenshot of the job advert. Home Office can refuse the application and say no you have not done it properly as you could not provide any evidence!

Hi all
I'm new to this forum
I was in tier4 and got tier 2 general.I would like to tier2 change of employment.. Eligible to ILR on 2019 Nov. My current visa is until 2020. My question is
1)In case new employer application refused current visa valued ?
2) will 10yrs long residence exist until 2019 sept? Im eligible to ilr on the basis of 10yrs long residence on 2019 August. Will I be able to apply? Because of brexit 3) both employers towards on 5years ?
Thanks in advance

Sosi
Newly Registered

Post by Sosi » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:39 am

rubyracer2 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:23 pm
Without RLMT reference number on the CoS, the application will get rejected. I know because mine got refused on that basis last year.
Hi ruby
When your new employer application rejected your current visa was valued ?