ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing the SOC within the same employer

Only for UK Tier 2 (Employer Sponsored) points system Tier 2

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elp13anw
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Changing the SOC within the same employer

Post by elp13anw » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:28 pm

Hi,

I am currently on a Tier 2 visa and will be eligible to apply for ILR in Dec 2019 as I complete 5 years in December. However, due to career prospects, I have decided to change from an electronics engineer to a different type of engineer which will now change my SOC. I will still be with the same employer and the same office. My employer will be notify the Home Office when my SOC changes formally and I will meet the salary threshold with my new SOC. Does this have any impact on my application for ILR in December in 2019 bearing in mind it's already August? Do I need to be on a particular SOC for a certain duration before applying for ILR?Thank you.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Changing the SOC within the same employer

Post by UKLL » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:25 pm

elp13anw wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:28 pm
Hi,

I am currently on a Tier 2 visa and will be eligible to apply for ILR in Dec 2019 as I complete 5 years in December. However, due to career prospects, I have decided to change from an electronics engineer to a different type of engineer which will now change my SOC. I will still be with the same employer and the same office. My employer will be notify the Home Office when my SOC changes formally and I will meet the salary threshold with my new SOC. Does this have any impact on my application for ILR in December in 2019 bearing in mind it's already August? Do I need to be on a particular SOC for a certain duration before applying for ILR?Thank you.
If you change your SoC, regardless if it is with your current employer, you need a new CoS including resident labour market test and a new Tier 2 application.