ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing the SOC within the same employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elp13anw
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Changing the SOC within the same employer

Post by elp13anw » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:28 pm

Hi,

I am currently on a Tier 2 visa and will be eligible to apply for ILR in Dec 2019 as I complete 5 years in December. However, due to career prospects, I have decided to change from an electronics engineer to a different type of engineer which will now change my SOC. I will still be with the same employer and the same office. My employer will be notify the Home Office when my SOC changes formally and I will meet the salary threshold with my new SOC. Does this have any impact on my application for ILR in December in 2019 bearing in mind it's already August? Do I need to be on a particular SOC for a certain duration before applying for ILR?Thank you.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Changing the SOC within the same employer

Post by UKLL » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:25 pm

elp13anw wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:28 pm
Hi,

I am currently on a Tier 2 visa and will be eligible to apply for ILR in Dec 2019 as I complete 5 years in December. However, due to career prospects, I have decided to change from an electronics engineer to a different type of engineer which will now change my SOC. I will still be with the same employer and the same office. My employer will be notify the Home Office when my SOC changes formally and I will meet the salary threshold with my new SOC. Does this have any impact on my application for ILR in December in 2019 bearing in mind it's already August? Do I need to be on a particular SOC for a certain duration before applying for ILR?Thank you.
If you change your SoC, regardless if it is with your current employer, you need a new CoS including resident labour market test and a new Tier 2 application.