ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Communication address change after Visa Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vnsarvind

Communication address change after Visa Application

Post by vnsarvind » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:23 pm

Hi,

When I was applying for UK Tier-2 General Visa, I mentioned my current address (which is now previous address) as communication address but after one week I moved to a new address (which is now my current address).

UK Visa & Immigration office sent my BRP on previous address but since I do not live there so delivery man returned back & I got email that "Sorry we missed you." After contacting courier company, they are saying that they will ask UK Visa & Immigration office if they can deliver BRP to new address (which was not mentioned in Visa Application). I asked Courier company if I need to send any application / letter to UK Visa & Immigration office for this, but Courier company said that they will take care this matter.

Can anyone please suggest what should I do now ? I found that we have to send an application to UK Visa & Immigration office if communication address is changing. Should I contact UK Visa & Immigration office for this even though I haven't received new BRP ?

Please help.

Thanks.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Communication address change after Visa Application

Post by lolo2 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:09 pm

They can arrange a redelivery to your new address. The letter you received from the first attempt includes instructions about how to request this. I did that last year with my first BRP.

Another option would be going to the offices of the courier company (DX) and collect the BRP in person, but most likely they are closed to the public due to this coronavirus thing.

I am not sure they can deal with the Home Office these issues related to change of circumstances of an applicant, as that can be done by the applicant (or a legal representative) only.

Good luck.