ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confution on Childs Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

some_guy
Newly Registered

Confution on Childs Visa

Post by some_guy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:42 pm

Hi
I am on Tier 2 (General) Visa with Expiry on 22/07/2021 and I will be applying for my ILR in December 2020. I have a 4-month-old daughter for whom I was thinking of getting British citizenship directly after ILR.

As I understand NHS is not covered unless she has a valid Visa (3months after birth), so I am trying to get her Indian Passport and dependent Visa right now.

My question is will she be allowed to apply for British Citizenship after my ILR is approved is she hold a valid dependent Visa? Do I need to add to my ILR application if she has a dependent Visa?

Or should I just take a chance for 3 months (early Dec) and not apply for dependent visa at all as she doesn't need it?

Thanks in advance

vinny

Re: Confution on Childs Visa

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:09 am

If she was born in the UK, then she is entitled to register immediately after a parent is granted ILR.

Apart from NHS considerations, there is no requirement for her to apply for leave to remain. Consider adequate comprehensive health insurance. Moreover, if a parent is granted ILR, then that may make her ordinarily resident in the UK and not an overseas visitor for the purposes of NHS.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

some_guy
Newly Registered

Post by some_guy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:43 pm

Hi
Thanks for the response.

Can you please tell me what will happen to my Daughter visa status in the following circumstances.

I apply for her Tier 2 Dependent Visa Now (I will pay IHS and that will make her eligible for NHS cover).

Then my company applies for ILR for Me and My Wife only in Mid Dec. (They are not sponsoring child and fees for the private firm is too high for adding the dependent child on the same application)

After we get ILR, will my daughters Visa be still valid for travel outside UK? Or I have to apply for her British citizenship as soon as I get my IRL.(thinking her visa is only valid until I have Tier 2 visa )

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:46 pm

If she applies for a tier 2 dependent visa, it remains valid, if the visa is granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.